Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Can I get a clarification on spam? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1307904)

Zepp 11-09-2011 01:15 PM

Can I get a clarification on spam?

It was brought to my attention that I am spamming. I am confused as to how I'm doing this, so if someone could let me know, I'd appreciate it. I just have the link to my business in my signature and do post once daily on the wahm wares and announcements threads. The only other thing I can think of is if someone is posting that they are looking for x diaper and I give more info and say that I carry it in my store. I have seen other people post things like that too, but if that's not ok, please let me know. I'm just trying to figure this out.

altuttle 11-09-2011 02:05 PM

Re: Can I get a clarification on spam?

If it was brought to your attention by a mod you can always ask them for the exact spam. You are allowed to say that you have such and such thing in your store if it is asked specifically for spam for said item.

Zepp 11-09-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altuttle (Post 14094496)
If it was brought to your attention by a mod you can always ask them for the exact spam. You are allowed to say that you have such and such thing in your store if it is asked specifically for spam for said item.

Thanks for the response. It wasn't by a mod, but by another retailer. I'm wondering more about not if someone is specifically saying "who has x?", but more like "has anyone tried x diaper?" and I reply with "yes, we have used them and love them...blah blah blah...", but then mention that we carry them or just stocked them today, or that customers have x to say about it. That's more the part that I'm unsure about. I didn't think twice about that being considered spam since they are asking for info, but that's that only thing I can think of.

~happy2Bamommy~ 11-09-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissed by the Moon (Post 14094644)
Thanks for the response. It wasn't by a mod, but by another retailer. I'm wondering more about not if someone is specifically saying "who has x?", but more like "has anyone tried x diaper?" and I reply with "yes, we have used them and love them...blah blah blah...", but then mention that we carry them or just stocked them today, or that customers have x to say about it. That's more the part that I'm unsure about. I didn't think twice about that being considered spam since they are asking for info, but that's that only thing I can think of.

Green is not spam

Blue is (unless the OP ask "Where can I buy these?")

Zepp 11-09-2011 02:46 PM

Thank you, I appreciate the info!