Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   When did your milk come in with 2 + child?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18316)

deejahd 06-28-2006 08:43 PM

When did your milk come in with 2 + child??

My milk didn't come in with my son until I was 6 days ppd so I was pupming after each feeding and supplementing at the begining. Do I have cause for concern with this one?? Everyone I talk to says thier milk came in a lot sooner with thier second + but I don't know anyone IRL who had a problem with thier first that can answer this question for me. I was under a lot of stress when DS was born and had a major move when he was only 2 wks old so that probably has something to do with it.

BTW once it came in I had an oversupply problem for a while which is a little ironic I guess my body thought there was more that one baby with all of that nursing/ pumping :lostit:

I really really really don't want anything to do with bottles/supplemeting/formula this time as it really made me feel inadequate and like a bad mom last time.

zonapellucida 06-28-2006 08:52 PM

Re: When did your milk come in with 2 + child??

with this last baby it was three days...now i have the breasts of a goddess and a huge supply :)

Shanna 06-28-2006 09:07 PM

4 days w/ #1 and 2 days w/ #2

I did no supplementing w/ either one.

kissum 06-28-2006 11:09 PM

I just wanted to say, even if your milk takes a week, the baby should be fine :) No need to supplement if you don't want to.

Lucky Child 06-29-2006 12:38 AM

:yeahthat:
:hugs: It will all work out great!

deejahd 06-29-2006 04:29 AM

I probably should have said that my son had jaundice so I really needed to supplement with him as his numbers were dangerously high and he had lost more that 10% of his birthweight.

Psychomom 06-29-2006 07:28 AM

My milk came in at 5 days postpartum with #2 and 3 days postpartum with #3.

MamaMel 06-29-2006 07:30 AM

Well it came in probably on day 4? I don't remember but she was also jaundice and lost more than 10% of her birthweight and no one said to supplement. But I know it can be hard w/ your first. If it takes a while for your milk to come in w/ #2 don't feel like you have to supplement because as soon as your milk comes in then the weight and the jaundice will be fine.

quixb 06-29-2006 08:55 AM

:exactly: I agree with the pp

ThreeBunniesMoma 06-29-2006 09:12 PM

With dd# it was 3 days pp with dd#2 it never came in and with dd#3 it was 4 days pp. With dd #3 I pumped from day 1 because she was in the NICU and didn't get to nurse until she was 6 days old.