Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   USPS Flat Rate Padded Envelopes (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1467480)

MonkeyBean415 11-28-2012 11:07 AM

USPS Flat Rate Padded Envelopes

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but it's about shipping so I thought this was the best place.

Does anyone know if the padded FRE are more expensive than the regular ones? I have mailed a few of them from home with no problems but yesterday I went to the PO to drop it off and they made me pay an extra 15 cents because it was padded :headscratch: Now I'm worried about sticking them in the mail and having them returned to me. I can't find any of this info online... I'm thinking my PO may have just ripped me off but I wanted to double check. Thanks so much mamas! :goodvibes:

bumminbeachbabe 11-28-2012 11:10 AM

I had one post office tell me that an fre is an fre and I don't have to pay the difference.

Another office said that I'd need to use USPS click n ship or add a stamp

mrspnut82 11-28-2012 11:10 AM

Re: USPS Flat Rate Padded Envelopes

I think it is a little more. I'm confused by them because there is no option in pp to print labels for a padded fre so I don't use them through there. I wouldn't want the recipient to get charged.

paper_girl_76 11-28-2012 11:17 AM

yes, they are supposed to be more. If you don't get caught, then you are lucky.

Fishie Kisses 11-28-2012 11:20 AM

they are supposed to be more. I've always been good with just using the FRE option through paypal, but I would hate for my recipient to get stuck with a fee (which I would pay of course...but it's still embarrassing)

MonkeyBean415 11-28-2012 11:21 AM

Thank you for the responses. That's good to know! I hope none of the people I've shipped to in the past had to pay the difference. I never have and they always have a paypal label. They need to have an option for that in Paypal! I guess I'll be picking up some 15 cent stamps so I can still ship from home.

ashleyo 11-28-2012 12:05 PM

Yep as a buyer I have had to pay the 30 cents difference on half a dozen occasions.

anj 11-28-2012 12:21 PM

Huh. I printed postage through eBay 2 weeks ago. There is a padded fre option, but its the same price there as a regular fre. Nothing came back, so I guess it worked fine.

bumminbeachbabe 11-28-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anj (Post 15980655)
Huh. I printed postage through eBay 2 weeks ago. There is a padded fre option, but its the same price there as a regular fre. Nothing came back, so I guess it worked fine.

Yeah, the post office I used before we moved said that since there is no PFRE option that it's the same price as the regular FRE. I went with it because it came straight from them.

The post office in my new town threw a hissy fit and said that I was cheating them.

thtr4me 11-28-2012 05:51 PM

For those that have had to pay the difference, do you print the label cost, or hide it, or does it not seem to matter? Just curious.