Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Extended breastfeeding and the benefits (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385059)

Belbaby3728 02-16-2012 10:05 AM

Re: Extended breastfeeding and the benefits

Love this!! Only going on 8 weeks EBF but we love it and have the determination to go as long as we can!!

momofniamh 03-21-2012 12:56 PM

Thanks so much for this information! My daughter is almost 11 months, and my husband's been asking for about 6 months already when I'm going to quit nursing. I'm glad to know that others have the same challenges. I love our time together. Not planning to stop any time soon!

captivates 04-07-2012 11:26 AM

I was only able to bf my eldest son for 15 months, before he caught Hand Foot and Mouth from a friend who went to daycare. It was fine for me until the blisters covered my aeriolas (sp?) without my attention. He latched on, and tore the blisters open. It was over after that. He had nearly weaned himself before that, and he only asked twice after that, but I still had hoped it would be longer. I'm trying to convince some friends of mine to go past 6 weeks, but they seem so selfish about not wanting the baby to have their boobs. What is that about, and how can I encourage them?

captivates 04-07-2012 11:28 AM

Oh, and my other son is 3 months, so I plan on bf him until he's at least two. It will be hard with me back at college again, but I am determined. I had a friend who nursed through 7 bouts of mastitis and thrush, because she was determined. I admire her greatly for that, and wish others were so persistent.

qsefthuko 04-07-2012 12:00 PM

I'm glad to read the first post especially. I nursed my first 2 until almost 4 years old each(no tandem). We now live in a different town. Unfortunately my friends here are not accustomed to extended bf. I fear I will face comments and pressure to wean earlier.

I was also happy when I saw the recommendations for nursing a toddler who refused or limited solids. Ds1 ate very little solids for a long time. WIC recommended weaning him so he would eat more. I was afraid he still wouldn't eat if I weaned him. I knew he was getting the majority of his nutrients from me still as he nursed between 8-12 times a day at 2 years of age. Any way because of my fear I chose to ignore WIC and go with my instincts. Now I am really glad I did.

homeinsight 06-18-2012 12:47 AM

Thank you for posting this! I'll come back to this for reminders as I try super hard to go further in breastfeeding length of time with my second child than I did with my first!

lavinialuna 06-25-2012 05:51 PM

I am still nursing my 16 month old. I am getting more shy about nursing in public, esp. since that time magazine cover! But I know I am doing what is best, and I can't see sudden weening as healthy. I think it would hurt our relationship. I am in no hurry :)

fanshionzheng 07-12-2012 01:53 AM

Support breastfeeding

starsandbutterflies 03-09-2013 07:43 PM

Wow, an oldie but a goodie! Thanks also for the great post. Just completed a year and still going strong!:)

KingsDaughter76 03-09-2013 08:46 PM

Love this! I am still nursing our 22 month old son- and have no plans to stop anytime soon! :-)