Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Extended breastfeeding and the benefits (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385059)

edens_mom 05-08-2008 09:47 AM

Re: Extended breastfeeding and the benefits

Wonderful article!! I'm nursing my 5 month old (we barely made it!) and plan to continue till at least a year. I'd love to go 2 years for all the benefits but part of me very selfishly wants my body back!! :blush: I guess we'll see!!

My mom thinks extended bfing is weird.. but I don't know what she considers extended, either.. I think it starts at least when your child can walk up and request it. She only nursed my brothers and I for 6 weeks so for all I know I'm already extended bfing!! :lostit:

amyb 05-22-2008 12:39 PM

Thank you SO much for posting this. I am nursing my 13 month old and LOVING the experience - I'm nowhere near ready to wean and neither is she, so looks like we'll still be nursing for a while. People are starting to ask, so it's nice to get some extra support!!!

Jill&LexisMom 05-25-2008 07:19 PM

I wanted to say thank you as well... :)

emethhesed 05-25-2008 08:55 PM

Thank you for posting that! It's such a good summary. I'd really love to put it up on my blog if that's OK. Do you mind?

heathersmoker 05-25-2008 09:28 PM

Thank you for posting this! I took so much heat for breastfeeding my DS til he was 3 1/2. He has weaned now but I did'nt want to do it until HE was ready! Great to see my instincts were right. I tandomed nursed for 9 months. Now it's just DD who just turned 1.

MomToJazmyne 05-25-2008 11:43 PM

Thanks for posting this...
I am still nursing my 21 month old DD who is actually sick right now and refusing to eat or drink anything and I know that I am keeping her hydrated which in turn keeps her away from the doctor's office. My aunt thinks I am crazy for still nursing my DD because my cousin quit nursing at 3 months!

mcsteph 06-02-2008 10:15 PM

Thanks for the info! I'm still bfing my 15 1/2 month old (but she's down to just her morning feeding :( ). I was surprised by how many people (family, friends) have raised an eyebrow at her still breastfeeding, so it's nice to see that there are others who feel the same way as me!

Jewelgurl137 06-04-2008 12:00 PM

Thank you for posting this. My older sister is always nagging me about weaning, cuz it is "not normal," but I will just show her this if he doesn't leave it alone. My mom nursed each of us until we were over the age of 2 years old, and my son is only almost 22 months old. LOL! I plan on nursing until he stops on his own.

ojessesue 06-09-2008 11:35 AM

I also love all of this info--thanks a bunch! Only 4 months into my BFing experience and loving it but already dreading it ending in a way. I love that I can take care of my babe like that, makes me feel so good about being his momma.

mamamay 07-20-2008 01:08 PM

Thanks for posting this. I'm tandem nursing my 4 month old and 3 year old and need all the encouragement I can Get!