Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   yet another name thread.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1174841)

Phin'sMom 03-11-2011 12:20 PM

yet another name thread....

We are team green.

DH has picked our girl name:
Scarlet Dawn, he is sure that it should be spelled with one t and I automatically spell it with two, should I force the issue and insist on two?? Because it is the "normal" spelling.

Boy names:
Silas or Ezra?? Our DS is Phinehas (phin) and we like both. DH will not say one or the other and it's driving me NUTS!!! I am all for naming a baby after you meet it but I like having a name picked out anyway.
Then, middle names for Ezra?? I am in love with Silas Declan? Our last name is really long and REALLY ugly so we just pretend it doesn't exist when we pick out names.

ralesiah 03-11-2011 01:10 PM

Re: yet another name thread....

Well, Scarlet with one t is the normal spelling to me so I think you will just have to decide how you want it. I really love Silas. Ezra is great but it's also getting to be really common around here. Don't know if 'common' bothers you though.

STK2 03-11-2011 02:44 PM

I think it just depends on what is comfortable to you on the spelling. You will be the one filling out those papers in the years to come:giggle:
And I like both boy names but I would say Silas over Ezra.
Good luck

KiltedKingdom 03-11-2011 02:50 PM

I like Scarlet spelled better with 2 t's, but that's just personal preference.

I think Silas goes better with Phinehas, but I like them both.

Buena 03-11-2011 02:55 PM

We r doing Silas if the bean I'm due with Any day now is a boy!

gigismomma 03-11-2011 03:15 PM

I love Scarlet Dawn, so pretty! I do like Scarlett with two Ts.....it is more like a name to me and less like a color. I think Scarlett looks more complete. Scarlet just reminds me of the color, especially when paired with a name like Dawn -- the name almost comes descriptive (like a scarlet colored dawn, know what I mean?)

For the boys names, I like them both! LOL at your last name description. If both names sound equally nice with the last name, I would have to give a VERY slight preference to Silas. i think Silas Declan is very handsome! Good luck with your decision!

hilaryisinked 03-11-2011 10:23 PM

LOVE Silas Declan

bigmamakelsey 03-11-2011 10:35 PM

I like both, but I think I like Ezra a *little* bit more:)

Phin'sMom 03-12-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralesiah (Post 12483863)
Ezra is great but it's also getting to be really common around here. Don't know if 'common' bothers you though.

That's my one concern with Ezra, it's been popping upon TV shows a lot lately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiltedKingdom (Post 12484672)
I think Silas goes better with Phinehas, but I like them both.

I think so too :) BUT I like Ezra just as much....

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigismomma (Post 12484889)
I love Scarlet Dawn, so pretty! I do like Scarlett with two Ts.....it is more like a name to me and less like a color. I think Scarlett looks more complete. Scarlet just reminds me of the color, especially when paired with a name like Dawn -- the name almost comes descriptive (like a scarlet colored dawn, know what I mean?)

For the boys names, I like them both! LOL at your last name description. If both names sound equally nice with the last name, I would have to give a VERY slight preference to Silas. i think Silas Declan is very handsome! Good luck with your decision!

DH picked it out 100% by himself...well, we pick names by me starting with A and going through the alphabet saying any name i can think of and him saying yes to ones he likes. Then asking him saying if he liked name A over name B and so on. He even picked Dawn without knowing that it is my mom's middle name:goodvibes: Thank you, for reminding me of it being descriptive because that I think it will be a good point to bring up to him about two T's.
Nothing really flows with our last name so we just decided to not worry about it and give our children names we liked. My in laws on the other hand think we're nuts and only gave their kids simple name (Paul, John and Peter) my MIL also said she hated the name Phinehas......

OnAnnaTime 03-12-2011 01:25 AM

I like Scarlet with two Ts.

I vote Ezra! That's my DSs name. His middle is Elwood, my grandpas middle name. I never considered another middle name, but I think Ezra Bennett flows well.