Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help me fatten up my kiddo! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1503587)

hbee 03-26-2013 10:40 AM

Help me fatten up my kiddo!

So I can bake her in the oven! Ehahahahahahahaha!

No, seriously. She's dropped below the 3rd percentile and the doctor wants me to start her on a Pediasure a day to help make sure she's getting calories. She likes to eat tiny bits at a time, and is still on a bottle because I'm terrified she won't eat anything or drink much without it. She drinks from a sippy cup, but only maybe 2-4 oz a day. I know avacado, what's more good fatty food?

leyash 03-26-2013 10:41 AM

Re: Help me fatten up my kiddo!

anything with good protein. chicken nuggets, peanut butter, etc.

leyash 03-26-2013 10:43 AM

bananas, sweet potatoes, cottage cheese, yogurt, uhhh... olives, eggs, regular cheese..

TobinsTreasures 03-26-2013 10:46 AM

can she have nuts? Or nut butter?

yellowitchgrl 03-26-2013 10:46 AM

coconut milk (the stuff in a can that you get in the asian section of your grocery store).

We did the pedisure route and it really screwed with my son's blood sugar- it's basically sugar, which does fatten a kid up, but it isn't the healthiest way to do it.

hbee 03-26-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey5783 (Post 16436938)
can she have nuts? Or nut butter?

Yup, and she loves peanut butter. We often do greek yogurt mixed with pb2 for a snack. Maybe I should switch back to full fat peanut butter.

hbee 03-26-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl (Post 16436939)
coconut milk (the stuff in a can that you get in the asian section of your grocery store).

We did the pedisure route and it really screwed with my son's blood sugar- it's basically sugar, which does fatten a kid up, but it isn't the healthiest way to do it.

That's what was thinking, and hoping to avoid. Plus, it's kind of spendy and I'd rather come up with a healthy alternative. My plan was to think about just doing it my way for a month, and if it doesn't work, do it their way for a month before her weight check in 7 weeks.

babyike2011 03-26-2013 12:26 PM

Pediasure is just flavored/sweetened formula. DD1 drank 2-3 a day from 13 months until her second birthday. She's 26 months now and still has one before bed. It really made a difference for her and she's now a healthy weight and eats much better. She's just more of a veggie and fruit kinda girl so I'm glad she still drinks one for the extra protein boost. You could always put Instant breakfast into her milk for extra calories. We did that with DS

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

d_arnold 03-26-2013 01:02 PM

DD is only in the 5th% for her weight, so I worry about this all the time (even though her dr. says she's fine).

We do full fat peanut butter, cheese, pasta, full fat milk, etc.

xtin 03-26-2013 02:35 PM

full fat chocolate ice cream has more/better fats and protein than pediasure.