Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Calling all smoothie makers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1496173)

Tris 03-01-2013 09:08 AM

Re: Calling all smoothie makers

I have a cheapy walmart blender that we make smoothies in. It works :)

MommaTooters 03-01-2013 09:10 AM

YIKES!! Pretty sure the Vitamix will not be making its way into our home. I didn't realize how expensive they were!

earthflower 03-01-2013 10:20 AM

ah, I love my wildside blendtec

jj7202 03-01-2013 10:39 AM

Having owned both the Ninja and the Vitamix I have to say, best cheap"ish" alternative to the vitamix is the Ninja Master Prep! I had a hard time getting rid of mine even after I fell in love with my Vitamix.

bluedaisyma 03-01-2013 10:39 AM

I use my magic bullet for that stuff, we use carrots and everything. Mine has the blender cup, though, I don't know if that makes a difference?

But my fav is vitamix. It is SO worth the money at Costco! Just don't lose it in a divorce like I did :/

nonipie 03-01-2013 10:40 AM

I use a Cuisinart stick blender and I love it. Space is at a premium in our kitchen so I love that it takes up no space in the cupboard.

MotherMoonPads 03-01-2013 10:52 AM

I have a Vitamix too. It was so incredibly worth the price. I use mine daily.

poohbear1208 03-01-2013 10:56 AM

We have the margaritaville blender. Love it!!!! Works way better for smoothies than our cheapie one did

MommaTooters 03-01-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedaisyma
I use my magic bullet for that stuff, we use carrots and everything. Mine has the blender cup, though, I don't know if that makes a difference?

But my fav is vitamix. It is SO worth the money at Costco! Just don't lose it in a divorce like I did :/

Hmm. I used my Bullet again today and still had small pieces of spinach and apple peel. They are small but I can still pick them out and feel them in my mouth. My oldest son wont touch a green smoothie if he can see or feel the greens.

I've got two blades for it...the flat one and the other with four blades that stand. Which one do you use?

LOST your Vitamix in the divorce....now that's crazy!

I saw that the Bullet makers now have a nutribullet. Supposed to work great for smoothies. Girl I know puts nuts & seeds in hers and it pulverizes them. Hmmm

melilo 03-01-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poohbear1208 (Post 16347496)
We have the margaritaville blender. Love it!!!! Works way better for smoothies than our cheapie one did

I have this too! Was a gift, but I love the way you just throw ice in the top and it does all the work with just one button.