Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community -

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - (
-   In The Kitchen (
-   -   Calling all smoothie makers (

agl 04-10-2013 08:27 AM

Re: Calling all smoothie makers
Cuisinart Power Blend Duet- it came with a mini food processor. It works pretty well for smoothies. My kids favorite concoction lately is mango, coconut milk, and kale. Yum!

mama_to_DJM 04-10-2013 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by mel j (Post 16389522)
Does anyone have the "cheapest" version of Vitamix? What's your opinion on it? We saw it at Costco for a little under $400...)

I don't, but I just made this choice about 2 weeks ago when I got my Vitamix. I was looking at both of them at the demo; they had the 5200 (basic) and 6300. The reasons I went with the 6300 were: it has a pulse button & preprogrammed buttons (smoothie, frozen desserts, and hot soups), it came in 3 different colors, and it included a huge recipe book. The motor & blending container is the same, I just decided that for such a big one-time purchase, I would go for the one that I knew I would love the most. I didn't want to *settle* for a $379 appliance, KWIM?

That said, that one would still function great and I'm sure last forever! :) Let me know if you have any other questions!

Elia 04-14-2013 01:07 PM

Vitamix! We use it daily!

pmatht 04-21-2013 11:24 AM

I have a cheapo Back to Basics smoothie maker, but it really makes things smooth so there aren't the little chunks. I don't put nuts in my smoothies so not sure how well it would work on something like that though.