Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   "You sure have your hands full" (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410800)

mgl 04-30-2008 01:49 PM

"You sure have your hands full"

I am so sick and tired of hearing this. Yes, I have a 4 yo, 2 1/2 yo, and 3 month old, but come on, can't people be a little more original? Does any one else get this comment. I have at least one person say this to me every time we go somewhere. You know it is bad when ds says it to me when we are in the store.:giggle2:

joy7s 04-30-2008 02:07 PM

Re: "You sure have your hands full"

lol that your ds says it to you!! I babysit sometimes up to 5 kids under 4.. I usually say that they aren't all mine ;) I agree it's an annoying comment no matter if they're your kids or not!! :)

maryjane 04-30-2008 03:51 PM

Every time I walk out my front door. I always just say better full than empty. It does get old but I just chalk it up to them needing to say something and not knowing what.

DivineNature 04-30-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryjane (Post 3461324)
Every time I walk out my front door. I always just say better full than empty. It does get old but I just chalk it up to them needing to say something and not knowing what.

ITA with the bolded part.

I get it from elderly ppl at the grocery store. They say it with a smile and I know they are thinking about when their own kids were little. I actually think it is cute. BUT, I don't hear it very often since I rarely grocery shop with all my kids.

And I think it is more in reference to having a baby in the mix. I didn't hear it until this 3rd lo was born. Or maybe it is hitting the magical number of 3...I dunno.

mamatoblessings 04-30-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryjane (Post 3461324)

:giggle: I have always thought of saying that, but never have. I just got that comment on Monday at the dr's office from an older lady, then again yesterday. I just usually say "yeah, they keep me busy" with a smile on my face. (most days:giggle2: ) I guess when I have a 5 yr old, 3 yr old, 1 yr old and a bulging belly I'm asking for it!!:lostit:

Griffinsmom 04-30-2008 05:01 PM

I don't mind so long as they smile. The people who look annoyed and weirded out bug me.
I get it often when I'm hiking/walking with a baby in a jogger and a border collie and aussie playing frisbee. I'm like :headscratch: This is nothin. I have a special needs 5yr old a cat and a husband too.

A gf with twins and a two year old is SOOO sick of that one along with "You have TWINS? AND a two year old? or are they triplets? (ya they're triplets, one's just huge) people are crazy.

Delaney 04-30-2008 05:06 PM

I hear that all the time and oddly I never have the full crew with me! I promptly tell them how many I have left at home! That shuts them up.

medaroge 04-30-2008 05:39 PM

Yeah, people are crazy, I think most of the time they just dont think. I watch my nephews and when I am out with everyone people ask if they are all mine, and I reply "for today they are". I dont mind it if we are having a good day, but sometimes if the day is rough anyway, its just a comment like that that will just get under my skin, what business is it of thiers anyway?

lisadoni 04-30-2008 06:36 PM

don't get me started with this one - lol! I get the 'hands full' and "double trouble" all the time. I smile and say, "and double the fun."

the best of ALL is "wow, I'm glad it's you and not me." WTH is that really supposed to mean?

kasatk 04-30-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisadoni (Post 3462564)
the best of ALL is "wow, I'm glad it's you and not me." WTH is that really supposed to mean?

my 13 yr old has told people "yep, we are glad it is her and not you as well":giggle:

as far as the hands full....my 5 yr old tells people "no, only one hand is full. mommy is still working on the other hand" (we have 7 dc)