Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Baby Showers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493258)

lemon.extract 02-19-2013 10:18 PM

Baby Showers

My mom and mother-in-law have decided that they are going to throw a combined baby shower for me (ya!).
So far the day for it has been changed three times. At first it was March 30 but that is easter weekend so that got canceled by my mom.

Then it was March 23, my mil cannot do that day. My mom said your mil is driving me crazy by changing the date so much.....I always knew she wouldn't get along with her. I mentioned to my mom that she has also changed the date; my mom responds by saying if you are going to be so difficult I am not going to throw you a baby shower.

Then it was March 16th but my sil has hers that day.So that doesn't work.

Who knows when it is now.

But I am beginning to not want one, it is becoming annoying.
Anyone else feeling this way?

mamato2boyz 02-19-2013 10:34 PM

It seems like there is always drama when there is more than one hostess involved. I hate shower drama!

I'm not having a shower this time but I feel your pain from previous ones.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forumh

lemon.extract 02-19-2013 10:36 PM

Re: Baby Showers

I know I should not have let them contact each other.

jennayoung99 02-19-2013 10:38 PM

I agree! It's much easier when they just do their own, too many cooks in the kitchen, and grandma's need their own spot light.

No shower for us this time, but last time my sister did it, it was great. I think we'll do a baby meet and great tho, that will be enough work.

lemon.extract 02-19-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennayoung99 (Post 16309692)
I agree! It's much easier when they just do their own, too many cooks in the kitchen, and grandma's need their own spot light.

No shower for us this time, but last time my sister did it, it was great. I think we'll do a baby meet and great tho, that will be enough work.

Sounds cute and fun!

Mommyto2B2G 02-20-2013 08:50 AM

DP!

Mommyto2B2G 02-20-2013 08:50 AM

We are having our shower on April 6. I only know the date and where. That is how I want it. lol Too stressing for me. If it were up to me to plan it or have anything to do with it I wouldn't have one but my family wants to so it should be fun. I'm showing up and eating the cake. That is the plan. :)

It will be nice to see everyone and if they bring baby anything that will be sweet. I don't expect it, I more so am happy to have an excuse to get everyone together.

lemon.extract 02-20-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun (Post 16310562)
We are having our shower on April 6. I only know the date and where. That is how I want it. lol Too stressing for me. If it were up to me to plan it or have anything to do with it I wouldn't have one but my family wants to so it should be fun. I'm showing up and eating the cake. That is the plan. :)

I want to just show up.....and really the only thing they have let me know is the date but that is ENOUGH.

Hopefully this is the last of it and I can just show up, like i planned.

abunchoflemons 02-20-2013 09:14 AM

why cant it be a double shower the one weekend? double weddings & such y not baby shower?

lemon.extract 02-20-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abunchoflemons (Post 16310650)
why cant it be a double shower the one weekend? double weddings & such y not baby shower?

Well the one for my SIL is being thrown by her family and we didn't want a double one.