Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Birth Plan? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490813)

MrsCrafty 02-11-2013 12:57 PM

Birth Plan?

Whats your birth plan?
I'm using a midwife at the hospital, and they will be offering water births starting in March, so I'm seriously considering that. I had a natural birth with my DS so I'm hoping to do that again. :goodvibes:

mibarra 02-11-2013 01:32 PM

Re: Birth Plan?

Mine is to have a healthy baby. :) I'm not emotionally tied to a particular kind of birth, I know what I am and am not comfortable with generally, but I feel things can change with the situation. My DH knows all my preferences as well so he can remind me in the moment what I said I wanted. Also, JIC, he is aware that if there is a decision of me having a better chance or the baby, I choose the baby.

delicatefade 02-11-2013 01:40 PM

Midwife at the hospital. Hoping for a water birth, but I will take it as it comes!

melilo 02-11-2013 03:10 PM

I actually turned down the opportunity for a water birth. I'm just not a water lover at all. Plus, it may not even be ready and set up in time for me to benefit much.

canadianbakers 02-11-2013 03:25 PM

I'll be with my OB at the hospital, hoping for another VBAC.
I don't have a lot of plans other than that, really. I don't know how I'll feel while laboring, so I don't plan to either be up and moving or in bed, just depends on how I feel at that point!

momneedssupport 02-11-2013 03:27 PM

Homebirth.......labor with my shower or bath, but not renting a birth pool bc chances are i'll have another fast labor so not worth it.

Im not a birth plan kind of person.....whatever happens, happens

mdm81888 02-11-2013 04:57 PM

I was told that in my area (redneck-ville East TN) that Birth Plans are taboo. I was actually told this by the lady who taught our pregnancy classes who happens to be one of the lead nurses where I'll be giving birth. I have talked over our "plan" with my husband so he'll know what I would like if at all possible.

RunawayBunny 02-11-2013 05:42 PM

I have a c-sec birth plan forming... probably not helpful for you, but both the hospitals I looked at encouraged a birth wish list. For example, if we specifically do or do not want visitors while in the recovery room. If we want the bath held off until I am able to watch/help.

The nurse who did my tour/class said they can be very accommodating if everyone's health permits but that they need to know a head of time. So when I get it written up (probably sooner than later for me!) I will post it if anyone was interested.

babyWmom 02-11-2013 05:59 PM

Praying I make it to the hospital. I have very quick laboratory and even though the hospital is only 20 minutes away, I have to wait for someone to come over and watch the kiddos. DD was born in an hour and 45 minutes. Luckily I had steady non-active labor BH so I went to the hospital. I went into labor 2 hours later. Hoping #3 gives me time to get to the hospital.

canadianbakers 02-11-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdm81888 (Post 16277054)
I was told that in my area (redneck-ville East TN) that Birth Plans are taboo. I was actually told this by the lady who taught our pregnancy classes who happens to be one of the lead nurses where I'll be giving birth.

:yuck: That's gross. Basically they're saying they don't care a lick what the mother wants. Yuck.

Our hospital encourages moms to write up a birth plan. Along with the prenatal class info pack, they include an outline booklet - it's a booklet because it explains all the different options/terms, but you could just "fill in the blanks" with your choices. It's actually very well written and laid out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyWmom (Post 16277319)
Praying I make it to the hospital. I have very quick laboratory and even though the hospital is only 20 minutes away, I have to wait for someone to come over and watch the kiddos. DD was born in an hour and 45 minutes. Luckily I had steady non-active labor BH so I went to the hospital. I went into labor 2 hours later. Hoping #3 gives me time to get to the hospital.

:giggle: to the bolded.