Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Dolls that fit into preemie and newborn clothes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1515858)

mommabritt 05-09-2013 08:32 PM

Dolls that fit into preemie and newborn clothes?

I want to get dd a new doll. She has a few Waldorf dolls that she gives some attention to when I encourage it but she's drawn to her vinyl Walmart cheapy that was gifted for her last bday. The problem is, the doll is always naked because she has no clothing! She is only about 12 inches and I can't sew so I'd like something I can buy some clothes from consignment and such for.

Needs: Must be vinyl/cloth body. Bald head- no fake hair, closing eyes is optional. Must fit nicely into preemie or newborn clothes. My dd is 21 months so preemie would be better. Easy on the budget.

What should I look at? :)

ohgirlohboyohno 05-09-2013 09:03 PM

Re: Dolls that fit into preemie and newborn clothes?

We have the target cheapie one, preemie onesies fit it ...ok....shorts or skirts not as much, the Walmart preemie stuff shrinks quite a bit so it fits ok. But yeah I don't know why they are drawn to the cheap bald babies lol

looking8186 05-09-2013 09:49 PM

We also have the target doll and my dd loves it. Most preemie stuff fits it pretty well. The Carter's preemie things are perfect!!! I find them at thrift stores or on super super sale at a Carter's outlet. Definitely our favorite doll... We gift them to people all the time!

acwakip 05-10-2013 01:14 AM

Bitty baby by American Girl.

Sent from my not-so-smart-phone

mommabritt 05-10-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looking8186
We also have the target doll and my dd loves it. Most preemie stuff fits it pretty well. The Carter's preemie things are perfect!!! I find them at thrift stores or on super super sale at a Carter's outlet. Definitely our favorite doll... We gift them to people all the time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by acwakip

Any chance I can see a pic of these two in preemie clothes- not doll clothes?

acwakip 05-10-2013 05:25 AM

I will have dd get hers dressed later today and post a pic.

mommabritt 05-10-2013 05:31 AM

Awesome!! Thanks! Lmk what brand the clothes are. Some quick googling said no Gymbo preemie (too tight on limbs) but carters fits perfectly.

juliasmom 05-10-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acwakip (Post 16581146)

Yup! We have tons of dolls but the Bitty Baby is the favorite of both my 3 yo and 1 yo. DD1 wore preemie clothes for a month, so "Rosie" the doll has an extensive wardrobe and DD1 loves dressing her.
Eta most preemie clothes we have are Carters

mommabritt 05-10-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliasmom

Yup! We have tons of dolls but the Bitty Baby is the favorite of both my 3 yo and 1 yo. DD1 wore preemie clothes for a month, so "Rosie" the doll has an extensive wardrobe and DD1 loves dressing her.
Eta most preemie clothes we have are Carters

That's awesome. I will start watching for one!

juliasmom 05-10-2013 06:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is our Bitty Baby Rosie modeling a Carters preemie set. Excuse the blueberry love on her shirt.

Attachment 143045