Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Can someone PLEASE take my DSD (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1293426)

Olivias Momma 10-11-2011 02:32 PM

Can someone PLEASE take my DSD

until her head lice is gone?? :banghead::banghead: Shes INFESTED and doesn't care. Imgoing thru mine and DDs hair like crazy (I dont have any DD has a few) and DDs are almost gone. DSD is seriously just INFESTED. Im so grossed out and I want to shave her head while shes sleeping....

tallanvor 10-11-2011 03:08 PM

Re: Can someone PLEASE take my DSD

Treat her head once and comb it real good one time and it should clear up real quick. If she's not willing to sit and have it done, then send her to her mom's house and tell her she's not allowed back. Okay, not necessarily an option, but she needs to understand that the lice needs to be dealt with.

And don't forget to wash everything on hot and figure out how to take care of mattresses, couches, cars, everything that's fabric that she's been on/in. We're doing the lice thing at our house, too, today, so I know it's a pain. Luckily, seems to just be my oldest, though this is the 3rd timein 15 months she's had it.

trying4more 10-11-2011 03:19 PM

Until she is treated you and the rest of the house will get it!

I HATE HATE HATE lice!!!!
My girls had it ONCE after they started a new day program (they only went ONE day since lice is an annoyance, not a need to go home).
We treated the WHOLE house and everyone in it!!!!

Olivias Momma 10-11-2011 03:24 PM

Cant send her to her moms she died in Feb :( shes just not getting that its a big deal. Shes just happy she cant go to school. She wont comb her hair out at all and is not doing what she needs to do. Dh just said that we are going to cut her hair if she doesnt get it...theres a major blow out waiting to happen lol

Olivias Momma 10-11-2011 03:26 PM

Ive already washed everything etc but it seems like a waste of time if she wont do anything about her own head. Think punishments might be in order for this? I dont want to overreact (which DH SAYS i tend to do...)

MotherMoonPads 10-11-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olivias Momma (Post 13919810)
Ive already washed everything etc but it seems like a waste of time if she wont do anything about her own head. Think punishments might be in order for this? I dont want to overreact (which DH SAYS i tend to do...)

SHE doesn't have a choice. Period. Treat her.

Angel89411 10-11-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olivias Momma

Lice kept going around my middle school. After the fifth time I got it in ONE year, my grandmother had my hair cut short (I don't blame her). I always did what I had to. Parents just kept sending their kids to school with it and the school did not do anything.

If it were me, privileges would start disappearing and I would be requesting her work from school and making her do it at home.

MeCo7707 10-11-2011 03:51 PM

Am I right in assuming she's roughly 15/16? My dad once burned my sisters clothes because she left them on the bathroom floor...once. I think my head would have been shaved by now. :hugs:

Olivias Momma 10-11-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads (Post 13919864)
SHE doesn't have a choice. Period. Treat her.

pcjs 10-11-2011 04:35 PM

Ick.. to me that's a job for dad!