Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Need help simplifying my stash (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1370733)

greencrunchymama 03-22-2012 03:46 PM

Need help simplifying my stash

Before my baby was born I bought three Flip covers with their seconds sale. I got grasshopper, butternut, and clementine because we didn't know her gender. After she was born I got a bubble, blossom, and 2 zinnia covers. Love them! I'm not reaching for the other 3 covers and am wondering if I should sell them. I plan on buying a lovelace Flip soon so I'll have another cover, and I figure that if I did sell them and wanted more, I'd probably buy more girly covers anyway.

I just don't know if I should hold on to them or sell them. If I sell them I can use that money to buy new dipes. I just don't want to regret selling them but I don't want to hang on to them if I'm not going to use them. :/

WWYD?

togetherinthelandofoz 03-22-2012 03:55 PM

Re: Need help simplifying my stash

When I'm trying to decide to keep/sell something that I'm indecisive about, sometimes I put it away...out of site/out of mind for a couple weeks and see if I miss it or not.

MamaJoyful 03-22-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by togetherinthelandofoz (Post 14842271)
When I'm trying to decide to keep/sell something that I'm indecisive about, sometimes I put it away...out of site/out of mind for a couple weeks and see if I miss it or not.

That is smart. :)

cdwelton 03-22-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

I do this too. Sometimes I do go get it back and start using it again, if not I sell it.

kalibratx4 03-22-2012 04:33 PM

I went thru a stage when we had our dd that I only needed pinks and girly diapers.... now I want the whole rainbow of colors :)

I would hold onto them.... When spring comes those colors will go with lots of stuff.

jennayoung99 03-22-2012 04:54 PM

if it sits there for a month or so and doesn't get used then i sell it. i would much rather get stuff i like and that i'd use more. there has never been 1 diaper that i've regreted selling (there are a bunch i've regreted buy tho...) but maybe that's just me.

togetherinthelandofoz 03-22-2012 05:26 PM

It is fun to have lots of colors...unless it's a color you just know you don't like.

jill_wv 03-22-2012 05:34 PM

You could try posting the GN colors in the trades section to trade for more girly colors. I always liked having lots of colors to pick from and match up to my DD's dresses.

justineybean 03-22-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennayoung99
if it sits there for a month or so and doesn't get used then i sell it. i would much rather get stuff i like and that i'd use more. there has never been 1 diaper that i've regreted selling (there are a bunch i've regreted buy tho...) but maybe that's just me.

This!!!!

Kindermama 03-22-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Ditto