Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Can you stop vax if you already gave them previously (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48597)

morganandevansmom 10-05-2006 08:56 PM

Can you stop vax if you already gave them previously

Ok so my ds has been vax'd so far. My dd is autistic and the sad truth is I am just learning about vax's. My son is very normal so far and I am afraid to give him any more shots. He has a well child monday for his MMR and the rest of his 15 month shots and I am having really bad anxiety at the though of me giving these shots and he end up being autistic too.
Can you just stop vaxing or will it mess up the immune system?

Thanks

KiMayaMama 10-05-2006 09:19 PM

Re: Can you stop vax if you already gave them previously

Quote:

Originally Posted by morganandevansmom (Post 344909)
Ok so my ds has been vax'd so far. My dd is autistic and the sad truth is I am just learning about vax's. My son is very normal so far and I am afraid to give him any more shots. He has a well child monday for his MMR and the rest of his 15 month shots and I am having really bad anxiety at the though of me giving these shots and he end up being autistic too.
Can you just stop vaxing or will it mess up the immune system?

Thanks

Yes, don't add to the damage. You don't have to get the rest. Check out the vaccination forum at mothering.com

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...splay.php?f=47

The archives have a section specifically for MMR.

OneFabMama 10-05-2006 09:22 PM

Yes you can.

And, for the record not all of us mamas here think vaxing is damaging. :thumbsup: And, I kind of resent the fact that its incinuated that I am "damaging" my child because I chose to vax. :mrgreen:

KiMayaMama 10-05-2006 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneFabMama (Post 344978)
Yes you can.

And, for the record not all of us mamas here think vaxing is damaging. :thumbsup: And, I kind of resent the fact that its incinuated that I am "damaging" my child because I chose to vax. :mrgreen:

Sorry- I think I maybe read the initial post too fast because I thought she said her DS was autistic and she was implying she thought it had something to do with the vax!! Sorry for being offensive.

KnottyLDSMama 10-05-2006 09:25 PM

Not sure where the above post came from, but anyway. Yes, you can stop!! And please do, if that is how you feel! You are not going to mess up your child by not putting toxins into them, trust me. :goodvibes: Their immune system will be all the more stronger for not being artifically "stimulated".

OneFabMama 10-05-2006 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonprysm (Post 344988)
Not sure where the above post came from, but anyway. Yes, you can stop!! And please do, if that is how you feel! You are not going to mess up your child by not putting toxins into them, trust me. :goodvibes: Their immune system will be all the more stronger for not being artifically "stimulated".

It came from me just making a comment about the previous poster - just reminding her (and everyone else) that some people here do vax and just to remember that. And, she clarified her post and all is well. :thumbsup:

presleycaedmon 10-05-2006 09:30 PM

Yes you can stop!! My DS is 5 and was vax'd all the way through his 4 year boosters but now we have stopped. I hate, hate, hate that I let him get those boosters because I had pretty much made up my mind about vax'ing at that point but just didn't stick to my guns when the time came. Ugh!

urchin_grey 10-05-2006 09:35 PM

Yup, Bram has all of his vaccines up until the ones he got at 9m. We haven't got anymore since then. :goodvibes:

Careful though, our pedi tried to convince us to keep going since "all he has left are ones he's already got before". But that's not really a good reason, kwim? :rolleyes:

OneFabMama 10-05-2006 09:45 PM

And for the record, I wasnt trying to be mean or rude to the first poster. I'm just grumpy righjt now (I'm super hungry and my cat is being a terror). I'm not trying to turn this into anything - I was just saying for my own pleasure :blush:
Sorry for hijacking too. Another :blush:

ChurchPunkMom 10-06-2006 11:56 AM

I stopped. My first two had all but boosters, my third had the first year's worth (all but 15mo), and my youngest has had none.:goodvibes: