Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anterior Placenta (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1503152)

lynn97 03-24-2013 08:28 PM

Anterior Placenta

Mamas who have had this, what was your experience re: feeling movement? I am 21 weeks pregnant and have felt little movements sporadically from about 15-16 weeks on. They still seem pretty sporadic. When can I expect to feel stronger movements? Or will it always feel a little weird during this pregnancy? I know it is normal to not feel movement for longer or to not feel it the same but I wasn't sure if it would start to feel more normal later.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

canadianbakers 03-24-2013 09:41 PM

Re: Anterior Placenta

I have an anterior placenta this time - although it's anterior on my left side, then goes around on the left side, if that makes sense.
I definitely felt movement later this time, and differently - not so strongly right away. It definitely feels normal now, but I'd say it was probably 26+ weeks before Hiccup was big/strong enough that it felt the same as my other healthy babies.
Coming up to 20 weeks I could tell something was different, then the u/s nurse told us where my placenta is and it made perfect sense where/how much I was feeling movements. For those weeks, I could really tell where Hiccup was and where my placenta was.

mommyinthesun 03-24-2013 09:46 PM

It was 23wks + for me. Closer to 27wks before I felt consistent, strong movement.

newcdmommy29 03-24-2013 10:15 PM

I also have an anterior placenta and it was 20ish weeks before I felt anything. I'm 28 weeks now and am finally feeling and seeing consistent movements.

lynn97 03-24-2013 10:41 PM

Okay, good! I'm glad this will eventually get better. My DH thought I was crazy b/c the only time I really feel much is when baby is on my bladder. I feel her fluttering around here and there but I know I was feeling more consistent movement with DS by this point. We had our a/s a couple weeks ago and the tech mentioned that I had an anterior placenta. It was a relief as I knew something was different! I am glad I will eventually get that with this one too. My placenta is at the front and a bit off to the right. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will feel her normally as you all have with your kiddos. Thanks for the reassurance, mamas!! :goodvibes:

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

rverrone11 03-24-2013 11:12 PM

I have an anterior placenta this time, and I didn't feel movement until around 23 weeks I think. With my other two pregnancies, I felt movement at 16 weeks and 14 weeks, so it was definitely different!!

Nijntje 03-25-2013 02:43 AM

25-27ish weeks for strong, regular movement here as well.

TS8213 03-25-2013 04:50 AM

I've had an AP with 2 of my pregnancies and I'd say 22-33 wks before I felt consistent movement.

clothdiapercrunchy 03-25-2013 07:12 AM

I agree with what was posted here, 23ish weeks-27weeks movement def strengthened and I felt her regularly after 25 weeks.

canadianbakers 03-25-2013 07:38 AM

Yup, try not to stress about it - I know how hard that is though!

During my u/s the tech was laughing at Hiccup, he was moving SO much she couldn't get a lot of shots - it took forever, but that was okay! She told me about the placenta placement, and said she couldn't believe I wasn't feeling all of his moving around in there, but betting the placenta was why. He was definitely moving and squirming and stretching a ton!