Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   When did you stop working? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208109)

nacke 08-19-2007 03:42 PM

When did you stop working?

Im exhausted and can barely see straight the whole time at work. Im only 24 weeks, but 3 other kids at home, and my energy level has bottomed. When did you quit your job while preggo?

spacecat1974 08-19-2007 04:44 PM

Re: When did you stop working?

With DS I stopped on my due date, stupidly thinking he'd arrive soon (he was two weeks late).

Still working with this one as I only have 6wks of paid leave and honestly can't afford to take unpaid leave.

Romansmom 08-19-2007 06:29 PM

With my son I worked the Friday before he was born on Tuesday, but I didn't have any little ones at home. Is there any way you can switch to part time for awhile before taking off? It might help.

altuttle 08-19-2007 08:07 PM

With my ds1 I was taken out of work 3 weeks before. With ds2 I was taken out of work in oct and he was born in Dec. I am now attempting to be a sahm so if i get the chance to have another I wont have that stress to deal with.

MamaZ 08-19-2007 08:13 PM

For my first, I stopped working that morning I had him :giggle: I couldn't afford to take off early on disability pay. Besides, I was a paralegal and I just stopped carrying heavy things and didn't go up and down the stairs much anymore.

With my DD, I was due 1/9 so I stopped working the last week of December.

Now I am just a part time office cleaner but I have no intentions of stopping at all. I probably do more home than I do at "work" :giggle:

But I was told that if I was actually working full time they would have taken me out this past week.

ZooCrew10 08-19-2007 09:48 PM

I've worked until three hours before delivery (1st baby) and with this one I worked until 24 weeks 5 days, when I had complications and put on bedrest, I am now 29 weeks and will probably stay off of work until I deliver.

Tobinnicole 08-19-2007 11:10 PM

With my first I worked up until the day before I had my dd, and I was a week overdue! Since then I've been a SAHM though. But I am in school, and my finals are the 12th of Dec and my due date is the end of november so I will have to get back into gear right away and finish out the semester!

MatildasMum 08-19-2007 11:13 PM

I stopped at 14 weeks pregnant. I was working in a bar - so - smoke and late nights needed to end. :D

jenncatsmeow 08-20-2007 12:51 AM

Quit??? What's that...lol!

I am a teacher. I finished the school year June 10th, and went into labor with DD the morning of June 11th.

jlkhorn 08-20-2007 01:18 AM

With dd (#1) I worked until Dec. 23 when our company when on holiday shut-down. She was born Jan. 4. I did fine with that but I didn't have any other kids and I could nap after work. I became a SAHM then so when I was pg with ds (#2) I didn't have the option of quitting work. I will say my 2nd pg was MUCH tougher from the beginning. I was completely exhausted every minute of every day. I don't know if that's related to being older, high bp issues, caring for a 4 yo at the time, or just a difference in pg, but I definitely faired better when I was working a full time job.