Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Pre-conceive Checklist - join me! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1626975)

MamaNolley 12-22-2016 08:52 AM

Pre-conceive Checklist - join me!
 
So as I look forward to 2017, I am hoping to create my fourth and final. Right now Im thinking late summer/early fall so that would give me 6-9 months of prep time before I'm pregnant. I'm going to list the things I'd like to accomplish and I'd love to see everyone else's too!

Habits to form-
- Start taking prenatals, Fish oil (possibly iron and calcium)
- find a maintain a good (for me) method of absorbing magnesium
- drink more water, less tea
- start a healthy exercise habit to continue through pregnancy

logistical-
- nail down new midwives (we moved away from home and the precious midwives that caught my 3 other chicks)
- understand what our new insurance will and won't pay for when using midwives
-make a bunch of freezer meals to use up while I'm sick for the first 4+ months!

Add your lists! I know I'm missing plenty!

Blessings on your New Year!

nothingtosee 12-27-2016 02:15 PM

Re: Pre-conceive Checklist - join me!
 
I've already got a midwife and my insurance covers 100% of homebirth expenses, so that's done. Already on fermented fish oil, done.

- Get the clutter cleaned up and the older kid used to putting his legos away so that a smaller child won't choke to death.
- Get a corner in our bedroom ready to be a baby area
-Buy a bigger freezer so we can stock up on food
-Organize my diaper stash to see what I actually still need
- Pick out a breast pump
- Buy another baby carrier
- Get a snuggleme organic
- Lose as much weight as possible, despite my efforts the numbers have gone no where.

Probably lots more. We've been trying for 4 months now, you'd think I'd have this stuff done, but I keep getting depressed every period and giving up for awhile.

ajaynak 12-28-2016 06:57 AM

Re: Pre-conceive Checklist - join me!
 
-drink so much more water and pump as much as possible so my 14 month old can possibly have breastmilk until 2 (in case pregnancy dries up my supply...omly pumping out about 1.5 ounces each time currently)
-fear clearing so I have the confidence to have an unassisted pregnancy and possibly an unassisted/freebirth
-research more on the importance of vitamin D during pregnancy, also MTHFR
-implement a lot of katy bowman's perscription for flat feet and pelvic floor problems, stretching hamstrings all the time and trying to incorporate as much squatting as possible into my daily routine (felt I need pelvic floor therapy after a long recovery from a deep third degree tear)
-become a strong knitter because I love to use wool while cloth diapering
-learn to do a backcarry with my wrap :/, my toddler is outgrowing her standard LL SSC and I'd like to use my wrap instead of sizing up since I already own it
-replace my windshield and hopefully plant grass in any of our yards
-decide if I want a natural child or if it's time to adopt
-try sewing some nighttime fitteds because I refuse to spend $30+ on a single diaper but I equally hate having to buy (organic) sposies when I have 100+ cloth diapers (mostly small flats and prefolds)
-get my toddler to sleep without me and take naps
-get my dogs to stay quiet while the baby is sleeping, so as not to constantly wake her during her nap

MamaNolley 12-28-2016 02:16 PM

Re: Pre-conceive Checklist - join me!
 
nothingtosee- whats a Snuggleme? and your list sounds really manageable, good job! editing / reworking the diaper stash is one I should do too!

Ajaynak- I really like the 'pre-pumping' idea, that is very thoughtful. and would you like to expand on the topics of fear clearing and what might be the circumstances that would lead you to choose becoming pregnant or adoption? I would really love to see that from another family's viewpoint.

thanks ladies!

nothingtosee 12-28-2016 02:41 PM

Re: Pre-conceive Checklist - join me!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaNolley (Post 17752369)
nothingtosee- whats a Snuggleme? and your list sounds really manageable, good job! editing / reworking the diaper stash is one I should do too!

Ajaynak- I really like the 'pre-pumping' idea, that is very thoughtful. and would you like to expand on the topics of fear clearing and what might be the circumstances that would lead you to choose becoming pregnant or adoption? I would really love to see that from another family's viewpoint.

thanks ladies!

The Snuggleme is a baby lounger/bedsharing thing. Totally cool- www.snugglemeorganic.com

SatSriAkal 12-30-2016 02:40 PM

Re: Pre-conceive Checklist - join me!
 
My list in year four of trying
-educate friends and family about fertility treatments
-establish a realistic cleaning schedule
-find a way not to dread exercise
-spend more time outdoors

nothingtosee 01-04-2017 09:00 AM

Re: Pre-conceive Checklist - join me!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SatSriAkal (Post 17752555)
My list in year four of trying
-educate friends and family about fertility treatments
-establish a realistic cleaning schedule
-find a way not to dread exercise
-spend more time outdoors

Ooh, that's a very healthy list!

Nightowl Jan 01-15-2018 01:44 AM

Re: Pre-conceive Checklist - join me!
 
A list! Good ideas ladies! I'm liking what I'm seeing and am inspired.

- get mirena removed!
- research and start a hormonal balancing detox diet and supplement regimen.
- start taking prenatal vitamins
- Go in once a month for a hormone check (due to low progesterone if it's still an issue)
- track my cycle
- get rid of junk in my house including clothes no one wears
- get my man on a vitamin regimen
- excersize and do yoga (get into habit before preggo so I can continue safely through pregnancy and hopefully it'll be easier to get back into shape after. I'm not a spring chicken anymore!)

That's the basics for now!

Nightowl Jan 01-15-2018 01:48 AM

Re: Pre-conceive Checklist - join me!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nothingtosee (Post 17752265)
I've already got a midwife and my insurance covers 100% of homebirth expenses, so that's done. Already on fermented fish oil, done.

- Get the clutter cleaned up and the older kid used to putting his legos away so that a smaller child won't choke to death.
- Get a corner in our bedroom ready to be a baby area
-Buy a bigger freezer so we can stock up on food
-Organize my diaper stash to see what I actually still need
- Pick out a breast pump
- Buy another baby carrier
- Get a snuggleme organic
- Lose as much weight as possible, despite my efforts the numbers have gone no where.

Probably lots more. We've been trying for 4 months now, you'd think I'd have this stuff done, but I keep getting depressed every period and giving up for awhile.

Not sure what you do to lose weight but I have had a lot of success with just simple weightlifting and squats and resistance. Really pushing your boundaries, too. I only do cardio to get my heart rate up, not for actual excersizing. Good luck!

mopey.folk 01-15-2018 10:26 AM

Re: Pre-conceive Checklist - join me!
 
Maybe make sure everyone (including grandparents) is up to date on the TDAP vaccination. I'm not trying to start a discussion about vaccines. Just an idea.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors