Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ack!!! WWYD? Updated post 19... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492311)

3 ladybugs 02-16-2013 05:14 PM

Ack!!! WWYD? Updated post 19...

I have a non-OB ultrasound scheduled for first thing Monday morning. When I made the appointment (which took 30 minutes to figure out) I was told that it was going to be in a building that isn't a hospital but attached (through another building) to the hospital. I even talked to an US tech at that building! This building doesn't have restrictions on children going there, the hospital does. Today late, I get a automated phone call saying that my appointment isn't where I thought it was, but in the hospital!! :cry:

I can't arrange childcare for my son with less then 48 hours notice. My back up child care is open only on Monday-Friday! Also I would have to leave at about 5 am to make it to the drop in center and to my appointment on time. But that is sort of beside the point.

So what would you do? I am tempted to ignore it and just bring my son. I have no other options right now because I can't cancel it at this late date, nor can I get child care arranged at this point, not to mention I am in a high risk pregnancy and the last thing I need is for my son to get sick when I am doing everything I can to keep us all well.

monkeymama07 02-16-2013 05:19 PM

I would take him and plan to let them know when you sign in you were told the appt was in the neighbouring building and that you could bring son.

Take the iPad or something it'll be fine.

Tris 02-16-2013 05:27 PM

Re: Ack!!! WWYD?

I'd just take him and make sure he behaves :)

qsefthuko 02-16-2013 05:33 PM

I would take him along. Chances are nobody will say anything. Make sure your son uses the handsanitizer provided and wash hands with soap and water as soon as you arrive home since you are concerned with him getting sick.

Mom2jandb 02-16-2013 08:00 PM

I would take him.

canadianbakers 02-17-2013 07:46 AM

I agree. I'd take him and if they question it let them know you had been informed all along that the appt was in the other building, and not told otherwise until it was too late to accomodate him elsewhere.

3 ladybugs 02-17-2013 10:19 AM

Thanks everyone! I took him to my OB appointment last week and all he did was watch his video. The OB commented on how well behaved he was. So I will just do that again. I think I will also go to the first building and make sure my appointment isn't there. Because I don't want to get lost in the hospital to find out I was suppose to be where I thought my appointment was to begin with.

katiebird 02-17-2013 12:54 PM

I agree, I would just take him at this point. There is really nothing you can do about it since you can't reschedule now. It will be ok :)

hikergal73 02-17-2013 01:04 PM

Is it possible that the automated message is wrong? Because well, it's automated...

TinyHineyDiapers 02-17-2013 01:22 PM

I would take him