Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   mamas whos husbands have had vasectomies (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1294609)

okiemama 10-17-2011 12:10 PM

Ok it seems every office is different lol

knodceo 10-17-2011 12:12 PM

My husband is considering it but wonders what an ejaculation will feel like after??? b

okiemama 10-17-2011 12:18 PM

It should feel the same since semen only makes up a small percentage of ejaculate

Kiliki 10-17-2011 12:24 PM

Re: mamas whos husbands have had vasectomies

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasmini (Post 13954303)
We had the cup ready, xyxs'ed and dh used the cup.....got dressed and took off to the lab :giggle: We giggled like teenies ;)

Just make sure you know the times to drop off the sample.

xyxs'ed??? I get the meaning from the context... but what does that stand for?

Jasmini 10-17-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiliki (Post 13954585)
xyxs'ed??? I get the meaning from the context... but what does that stand for?

I can't remember what letters or terms are usually used for and I'm not talking with my american friends about it :mrgreen: I could tell you what we write in German, but that wouldn't really help you :giggle:

fish3737 10-17-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knodceo (Post 13954501)
My husband is considering it but wonders what an ejaculation will feel like after??? b

:giggle2:

That sounds like a story that men tell other men.

It doesn't hurt after (and after I mean weeks after - not like the same day - it is sore at first).

fluffynurse 10-20-2011 12:26 AM

my dh is having his vasectomy done on Monday!
You can check out the information from his doctor's website about post vasectomy sample, he explains it quite clearly :
go to vasectomy.ca , click on english, patient information, and post-vasectomy testing. It explains the procedure quite clearly (although of course it will vary from one place to another). (sorry i'm a noobie with less than 10 posts so I can't post a link yet).

... we're lucky it seems as we get to do the sample at home and mail it..dh wears a special condom and then pours the contents into the special container and puts it in the special envelope lol... the instructions say if that result comes back positive (ie. with sperm), then we'll need to do another sample and drive it directly to a lab... but at least nothing has to be done in an office hehe.

dh's favourite part is where it says that he needs to ejaculate at least 20 times in 12 weeks before sending the sample lol (it's actually quite a challenge as we have 2.5 month old twins)

and what was already mentioned, you'll never know if the procedure worked if your dh doesn't get tested.

Nightowl Jan 10-21-2011 06:39 AM

I have a feeling that this is the secret reason my dh doesn't want a V. I think it is degrading of the clinic to make men do that. Some men like to keep their dignity!

okiemama 10-21-2011 07:39 AM

I agree :)