Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Spotting at 16 weeks (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1303392)

CaliRoll 10-31-2011 01:14 PM

Spotting at 16 weeks

This is my third pregnancy and I don't recall ever spotting with the first two. We DTD a few days ago but nothing in the last 48 hours. I just went to the rest room and there was red blood on the TP. Not a lot, nothing dripping into the toilet, just on the TP. I don't feel crampy.

It was a stressful weekend and I did clean the house on Saturday, which took several hours and included sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping.

Do I call my OB or just wait and see?

angel0123 10-31-2011 01:21 PM

Call & get seen. But 2 of my pgs i had bleeding threw out and kids are fine.
Kup

CaliRoll 10-31-2011 10:56 PM

Two calls to my OB went unreturned. The spotting stopped but still. A return call would've killed him?

CaliRoll 11-01-2011 08:11 PM

They called this morning, said my near-faint spell last week was probably low blood pressure and my spotting was probably from an irritated cervix. Basically, if I'm not soaking a pad an hour, don't worry about it.

angel0123 11-01-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliRoll
They called this morning, said my near-faint spell last week was probably low blood pressure and my spotting was probably from an irritated cervix. Basically, if I'm not soaking a pad an hour, don't worry about it.

Thats not reasurring? Did they not even offer an u/s to rule out placenta previa?

CaliRoll 11-01-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel0123

Thats not reasurring? Did they not even offer an u/s to rule out placenta previa?

Nope. My mom lost two babies at 20+ weeks and one was for a detached placenta. Mom did say her bleeding got worse, not better, so that's reassuring at least. My next appointment is on the 15th. Hopefully nothing happens between now and then.

LaughingPeaMama 11-01-2011 08:44 PM

Re: Spotting at 16 weeks

Aww your baby is due in my birthday. Fwiw. I took my butt to the ER at 13 weeks with dd for some pinkish spotting. I needed to KNOW if something was going wrong not just be forced to wait. So if you are worried don't hesitate to go if your ob is blowing you off. Id also be looking for another ob

CaliRoll 11-01-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaughingPeaMama
Aww your baby is due in my birthday. Fwiw. I took my butt to the ER at 13 weeks with dd for some pinkish spotting. I needed to KNOW if something was going wrong not just be forced to wait. So if you are worried don't hesitate to go if your ob is blowing you off. Id also be looking for another ob

My regular OB left the practice and this is the guy they moved me to. I haven't even met him yet. So yeah, not overly impressed so far.

CaliRoll 11-02-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeebee

Yeah. I think you need to find a HB MW :-)

LOL, like DH would let me home birth. Don't you know that's why they invented hospitals? :D

g-offsmommy 11-02-2011 12:01 PM

Re: Spotting at 16 weeks

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliRoll (Post 14048607)
LOL, like DH would let me home birth. Don't you know that's why they invented hospitals? :D

thread crashing but that is my DH's exact thought process :giggle: