Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Cookie sheets (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1580899)

jacandy 04-21-2014 08:12 PM

Cookie sheets
 
My cookie sheets are absolutely horrible! They look terrible and are just eww. Any recs for them?

momof7 04-23-2014 12:15 PM

Re: Cookie sheets
 
I use Nordic Ware cookie sheets & love them. Walmart has them.

jbug_4 04-24-2014 07:01 AM

Re: Cookie sheets
 
After watching a Alton Brown episode I replaced mine with restaurant style aluminium cookie sheets. Like these http://www.fitsmybudget.com/Chef-s-S...-KTALTR18.html cost me $5 a piece at Sams. I will never use anything else again. They are sturdy, really easy to clean and cook evenly. I was replacing my non-stick ones really often because of residue and wear. I do have the heavier ones. I don't know if you can keep them shiny because I don't really care but you can scrub them without worrying about scratching and you can do this http://lifehacker.com/baking-soda-an...ware-514065732 . Mine look this but I don't really care. I have never used a cooking sheet that bakes so evenly.

Southernbelle 04-24-2014 07:08 AM

Re: Cookie sheets
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbug_4 (Post 17350981)
After watching a Alton Brown episode I replaced mine with restaurant style aluminium cookie sheets. Like these http://www.fitsmybudget.com/Chef-s-S...-KTALTR18.html cost me $5 a piece at Sams. I will never use anything else again. They are sturdy, really easy to clean and cook evenly. I was replacing my non-stick ones really often because of residue and wear. I do have the heavier ones. I don't know if you can keep them shiny because I don't really care but you can scrub them without worrying about scratching and you can do this http://lifehacker.com/baking-soda-an...ware-514065732 . Mine look this but I don't really care. I have never used a cooking sheet that bakes so evenly.

X2

That's what I use, too. I think my Sams has them for $11 for a 2-pk. I own 4. They cook evenly and are easy to clean. I work them hard, so mine are discolored from use, but still work perfectly.

I also love that since they're intended for restaurants and are a "standard" size, parchment paper, silicone mats and Reynolds wrap fit on them perfectly without having to do any creative folding. It's the little things, you know?

jacandy 04-24-2014 09:40 AM

Thanks I will look into these. Mine are Ick and have rusted. Blah!

abunchoflemons 04-24-2014 09:48 AM

I tHink my hubby for his birthday...chefmates from target

jbug_4 04-26-2014 05:06 AM

Re: Cookie sheets
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Southernbelle (Post 17350990)
X2

That's what I use, too. I think my Sams has them for $11 for a 2-pk. I own 4. They cook evenly and are easy to clean. I work them hard, so mine are discolored from use, but still work perfectly.

I also love that since they're intended for restaurants and are a "standard" size, parchment paper, silicone mats and Reynolds wrap fit on them perfectly without having to do any creative folding. It's the little things, you know?

I had mine for a couple of years before someone gave me silicone mats. I forgot all about having to cut parchment paper and foil. I took for granted that my mats fit my sheet. Completely forgot about that. Your right the little things do matter.

Melinda29 04-26-2014 07:24 AM

Re: Cookie sheets
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbug_4 (Post 17350981)
After watching a Alton Brown episode I replaced mine with restaurant style aluminium cookie sheets. Like these http://www.fitsmybudget.com/Chef-s-S...-KTALTR18.html cost me $5 a piece at Sams. I will never use anything else again. They are sturdy, really easy to clean and cook evenly. I was replacing my non-stick ones really often because of residue and wear. I do have the heavier ones. I don't know if you can keep them shiny because I don't really care but you can scrub them without worrying about scratching and you can do this http://lifehacker.com/baking-soda-an...ware-514065732 . Mine look this but I don't really care. I have never used a cooking sheet that bakes so evenly.

When you say you have the heavier ones....Do you mean you have this brand but in a heavier version? Is that somewhere on the site I am just not seeing?

mommadeeof4+ 04-26-2014 07:30 AM

If you want to repurpose them, paint with chalkboard paint to use as a chalkboard for your kids or paint with a pretty color to use as a magnetic board to hold important info in your kitchen or somewhere! I use the dollar tree cookie sheets a lot for the alphabet and numbers with my little ones. You could also cover with felt and use as a felt board for them.

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily, Lilly, Joseph, Maggie & Daisy who is due in August!

jbug_4 04-26-2014 09:52 AM

Re: Cookie sheets
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melinda29 (Post 17353233)
When you say you have the heavier ones....Do you mean you have this brand but in a heavier version? Is that somewhere on the site I am just not seeing?

I meant heavier in general. A lot of the ones you see in Walmart or whatever stores aren't the restaurant standard. They aren't as heavy (as in thick/sturdy) feeling either. I don't know what my brand are- They are heavily used and I can't read the bottom any more. But they are intended for restaurants and not the ones you can get from Walmart intended for home use. Mine came from Sam's. Alton Brown bought them from a restaurant supply store. The real difference and important thing to look for is the commercial vs home. You want commercial.

I just looked it up. They are half sized 13x18. That is the one that fits bakers racks and the silicon mats. Its Bakers and Chefs. They make home use ones too that are sold at Target but the commercial grade are it appears are only available in store at Sams. Any brand should be ok- you just want the half sized (fill sized would be a sheet pan) and commercial grade.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors