Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Jan (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Are you all taking extra folic acid, iron and calcium with your prenatals? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1219331)

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 05-29-2011 08:20 PM

Are you all taking extra folic acid, iron and calcium with your prenatals?

I am taking them all because the lady at the dr office told me to, I haven't filled the progesterone though because I went to Target and my insurance won't cover it which I expected but the lady told me this rx is $200! :(

SweetSummer 05-29-2011 08:23 PM

Re: Are you all taking extra folic acid, iron and calcium with your prenatals?

I just took a regular prenatal and if I remembered I sometimes took 1/2 a dose of RAW Vitamincode womens multi for just a little extra...

momof3boys1girl 05-29-2011 08:37 PM

I take right now OTC prennatal, folic acid, B complex, Cal with Vit D, red rasberry leaf. I should prob up my iron bc mine is usually borderline low and i bruise really easy.

momof3boys1girl 05-29-2011 08:37 PM

*prenatal

kismetbaby 05-29-2011 08:58 PM

Nope. Not yet anyway, just the prenatal. Last time I just took the prenatals till the leg cramps kicked in, then I added a CalMag at bedtime. Never have had issues with low iron.

But I do an herbal infusion that has a lot of good Vits and minerals. . .it's RRL, alfalfa, nettles, dandelion, and oatstraw.

wyatt09 05-29-2011 09:02 PM

I TOOK extra folic acid, iron and fish oil and my son came out good sized healthy baby I think it helped. :)

flmamao2 05-29-2011 10:50 PM

Iv been taking the prenat...xtra folic acid...vit d, c, and b complex...my progesterone was 25 dollars for the month...300 mg dose once daily

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 05-29-2011 10:55 PM

what kind/brand (name of it) of progesterone are you taking, can you post or PM me, so I can ask for an rx of it on Tuesday please?

sasra_nu 05-30-2011 06:04 AM

Maybe try calling Costco or Sam's if you have a membership to see if they have a cheaper price on the progesterone? I'm not a member of either one, but I've heard their prescription prices are really good.

erin_c_odonnell 05-30-2011 06:05 AM

Yeah I'm curious too on your progesterone. Mine is 100mg supp twice a day and $48 for a 10 day supply :(. Ugh- no insurance :(