Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Program that includes what "teacher" should say...such as Saxon... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486883)

Tashena 01-30-2013 07:51 AM

Program that includes what "teacher" should say...such as Saxon...

Looking to see if there is any other curriculum that includes the verbage for the "teacher" as Saxon curriculum does...

I love the fact that I know he would be understanding what I'm asking as I have a difficult time explaining myself - then add that to a 5 year old boy who doesn't take instruction very well and we have a hard time..

Add a 2 year old busy boy, a 9 month old mover & pregnant momma...recipe for stress and destruction.... :banghead: I think...I'm sure there's a way!

Advice or info - any would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Oh, by the way, I love the idea of Creation programs and Christian-based...

Thanks! I've always enjoyed being able to count on DS mommas for help!!! :hugs:

Tashena 02-06-2013 12:32 PM

Re: Program that includes what "teacher" should say...such as Saxon...

;)

I know someone knows something that I can look into.....

;)

nursenmom 02-06-2013 12:47 PM

I'm new to the homeschooling scene so no suggestions but I'm subbing in case anyone else has any.

fawnlovesjasper 02-06-2013 01:32 PM

All of the McRuffy are scripted (without being "make mom feel like she knows nothing" feeling). They have math (the best math on earth!!), language arts (includes all aspects of LA!), and science.

Also the products from Peace Hill Press (Well-Trained Mind) are scripted. Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading, First Language Lessons and Writing With Ease... though these gave me the dumb mom feeling when I read through them... and they just aren't our style so we don't use them anyway.

HeatherlovesCDs 02-06-2013 01:35 PM

Are you looking for math or a full curriculum or...I'm not totally sure what you are looking for. Everything I use has it laid out. Sometimes it will tell you exactly what to say, but usually it gives you instructions on how to teach it, but not exactly what to say. Hopefully, that makes sense.

Tashena 02-06-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs (Post 16256203)
Are you looking for math or a full curriculum or...I'm not totally sure what you are looking for. Everything I use has it laid out. Sometimes it will tell you exactly what to say, but usually it gives you instructions on how to teach it, but not exactly what to say. Hopefully, that makes sense.

looking for full curriculum....:mrgreen:

need full scripted

Featherhead 02-06-2013 04:08 PM

Christian Light Education is fairly scripted. They have samples on their website. www.clp.org