Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   How far along were you when you started your NB stash? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454449)

c'est_la_vie 06-12-2008 06:10 PM

How far along were you when you started your NB stash?

I just got a VERY unexpected BFP today. I'm only about 6 weeks, & DD is only 3 months old - Yes I'm insane. LOL

Anyways, When did you start? DD outgrew NB by one month for the most part, so I've since sold off the stash.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I was thinking about waiting till 12 weeks or so - till I'm in the "safe" zone.

Meri 06-12-2008 06:21 PM

Re: How far along were you when you started your NB stash?

Confession:

I got my 'pregnant' word... contemplated how exciting it would be to buy cloth diapers..

THEN I CALLED MY HUSBAND TO TELL HIM!

I bought all of my cloth diapers during the Great CLoth Diaper Hunts last year.. so I guess I was about 5 months along when I ordered them. I told them her she could take her time, though. But I got a great discount on them--24 Tykie fitteds, 30 wipes, 2 wool covers, 3 PUL covers, and 7 nursing pads for $300.

I sold the whole stash (and some I got for gifts) for $200.

Jillybean 06-12-2008 06:32 PM

I ordered a couple things at 19 weeks but for the most part waited til 20 weeks, I didn't feel safe buying anything earlier than that.

Mom2KG 06-12-2008 06:41 PM

I bought some stuff before we were even ttc :blush: Then I had almost an entire gn nb stash by 12 weeks. At 19 weeks found out I was having another girl so I sold any and everything that looked remotely boyish/gn. By 35 weeks I had replaced everything with girly fluff.

RobinP92202 06-12-2008 06:44 PM

I started buying stuff about 2 months ago when I started TTC. Unfortunately I got pregnant and miscarried this month----I won't be buying any more newborn diapers until I am pregnant again and out of my first trimester.

breakfastsurreal 06-12-2008 06:49 PM

I started buying about 2 weeks ago...so at 21 weeks pregnant!

MollyJones 06-12-2008 06:52 PM

Your little girl was born the day after my little girl was! Fun!

I started my newborn stash for her a few weeks after I found out, I think. I almost completely re-worked the stash by the time she was born, too. :blush:

3inclothdiapers 06-12-2008 06:54 PM

I usually start the NB stash within a couple weeks of finding out. And then the stash gets changed at least once or twice before the baby comes... :giggle:

angelisagemini 06-12-2008 07:25 PM

I started at the point of viability. It felt like a jinx before that. I went on a bit of a whirlwind though and bought enough that I am set up to fifteen pounds, lol.

MaxCapacity 06-12-2008 07:31 PM

I bought a few gender neutral things right away upon finding out (about 6 weeks) & have only bought 1 or 2 things since then. I'm going on a huge shopping spree at 20 weeks though. Right after we find out for sure if "she" is truely a "she"! :giggle: Oh, I'm currently 19 weeks as of this coming Sunday.