Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   6 week labour (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426900)

huntressxx 08-01-2012 06:08 PM

6 week labour

Ow... Believe me or not but I have labour for six weeks... It was the same with my son and it's the same now... I start then stop... And my cervix actually dilates... I have been sitting at a 4 for week now and the contractions will get bad and
And painful making me think... Tis is it!!! But nope... I go to sleep and they lessen again... I constantly have contractions 5 min apart 1:30 long... They aren't usually painful.. Just annoying but it's exhausting..... I want this baby to go to term... But I have to say... This sucks....

bohemianxchaos 08-01-2012 06:25 PM

Re: 6 week labour

Aw, mama, I have prodromal labor for awhile, too. Hug. Just know it gets you closer, even when its frustrating.

jc12551 08-01-2012 06:30 PM

I did that with #1 and it looks like I am doing it with #3. It sucks!! But every contraction gets us closer, right?

tibeca 08-01-2012 07:03 PM

My midwife said that making sure you get enough magnesium and calcium can really help. She also recommended spinning babies to help baby get well positioned. Maybe that would help you too?

huntressxx 08-01-2012 08:48 PM

I've been 4cm 75% effaced for over a week now. Babies head is right down there. Just 5 min apart the one day they got painful and 2min apart min long for several hours. Thought this is it but nope.... Went to sleep and they slowed again.... Stupid sleep:(

Don't get me wrong tho I don't want another early baby but it's just exhausting. My son was born 35+1 I am now 35+6

huntressxx 08-01-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tibeca
My midwife said that making sure you get enough magnesium and calcium can really help. She also recommended spinning babies to help baby get well positioned. Maybe that would help you too?

Ill have to ask my midwife about it!!

mama2seth&trey 08-01-2012 10:21 PM

Apparently Magnesium will help with swelling too. Just learned that tonight.

aubreyaks 08-01-2012 10:40 PM

Yes! To the calcium! And catnip tea would help stop contractions too. I had the same annoying start/stop labor you describe and DD came on her guess date! :)

1healthylady 08-02-2012 05:47 AM

I drink Natural Calm, a magnesium calcium supplement. I was drinking before pregnancy too. It comes in powder form in most natural food stores. It's good for sleep, digestion, leg cramps, and apparently contractions. I've hardly had any BH. MW did suggest if I go into labor in the evening to drink some to slow it down a little so I could get some rest. Just put a tsp. of the powder in warm water, let it fuzz, then drink. My favorite flavor is the raspberry lemonade.

Sent from my Android using DS Forum

tibeca 08-02-2012 07:02 AM

Yesterday's full moon had me contraction for about 10 hours. Then... nothing. All this "practice" for experienced mamas is NOT fair.