Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Terrible flats and Kelly's Closet won't refund my money (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479154)

March 01-10-2013 09:00 AM

Most manufacturers specify in their wholesale account contracts that the consumer is to contact the manufacturer directly with defect concerns. Kelly's Closet is simply following the policy required for them to continue to carry the brand.

ebandive 01-10-2013 09:00 AM

Re: Terrible flats and Kelly's Closet won't refund my money

OP, have you had any luck contacting Swaddlebees? I had the same issue with mine and I ordered from Kelly's Closet too. I emailed both parties regarding the problem. KC was polite in their response and told me that SB should take care of me. SB is officially out of replacement bamboo flats and are modifying their design because of the stitching problems. They said they would assist me in getting a refund from KC because they can't offer replacements at this time. Hopefully you have contacted them and have received a similar result. :)

Dearest Diapers 01-10-2013 09:26 AM

A lot of times if retailers contact the Manufacturer for Warranty issues, the Manus will tell us that they need to speak with the customer. As others said just write/call swaddlebees/blueberry I am sure they will help you.

m&m&m 01-10-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dearest Diapers (Post 16138922)
A lot of times if retailers contact the Manufacturer for Warranty issues, the Manus will tell us that they need to speak with the customer. As others said just write/call swaddlebees/blueberry I am sure they will help you.

This, it is part of our wholesale contracts a lot of the time. That being said, I wouldn't ever just say, sorry SOL go call the manufacturer. I'm not sure how KC worded their response so I can't comment on that but it is normal to have the customer go through the manufacturer direct at request of the manufacturers.

I used to work at Macy's and it was that way for several manufacturers there too. Like for example if your Kitchenaid mixer attachment piece breaks and you come in, we would have had to refer you to the manufacturer. (if it was within the store's return policy though we would take it back)

BESMama 01-10-2013 12:35 PM

I didn't read all of the past posts, but I know one reason the manufacturer's don't want the cloth diaper stores to refund for defects is that the manufacturer's are trying to track when something IS wrong with one of their designs/makers. That's why many want you to give as much detail on the return as possible (sale date, lot #, etc).

Good luck :)

homebirthmom 01-10-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneylindsay (Post 16129592)
I really think that the company who sold the product should deal with the manufacturer, not the person buying...there is a reason there is a middle guy...if not we would all buy direct with manufacturers.

I agree. thats called customer service.
but I have had a couple issues w them and they sent me to manufactorer too. and it was fixed.

mamamarisa 01-10-2013 06:33 PM

I think kellys closet should be the one talking to the manufacturer. If you buy a sweater at jcpenney(or whatever) and the sleeve unravels, they give you a replacement or refund and contact the manufacturer for you. A diaper company shouldnt be any different. When i worked at Meijer we had a whole collection of merchandise with problems that got loaded in a truck and sent back to corporate who then sent it to the manufacturers to deal with.

max'smamma 01-10-2013 07:46 PM

I really hope you get your refund. That stinks that people have had a tough time with KC.

I bought the blueberry flats from KC, too. It was my first time buying from them. My flats had the fraying, but because I saw a thread on here where someone suggested contacting the manufacturer, I did that first. Blueberry sent me replacements, and those were worse than the originals I had received. I contacted Blueberry again to ask for a refund this time, and they told me that KC would have to give me a refund. So, I contacted customer service at KC, told them my story and gave them the name of the lady at Blueberry I had dealt with. They got back to me within hours, were very courteous and instantly offered me store credit or full refund. I picked refund, and they responded immediately and gave it to me.