Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Please take my poll on which Britax you like the best.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397715)

luvsviola 04-16-2008 08:56 PM

Re: Please take my poll on which Britax you like the best..

I have a Marathon, 2 Blvds, and a FPSVD.

The boulevards win hands down. DD lays her head on the wings to sleep. The infinitely adjustable harness is great. I feel better about her being outboard with the SIP. The others are nice and all, but I like my Boulevard best.

I had a Decathlon and hated it. The push button adjuster was a PITA and it was so hard to pull the thing finally broke, stranding us with no carseat. Luckily we were at home and she still fit in her bucket at the time. I was so angry (and Britax knew it!) that they replaced it with a BLVD for me since I reported them to the NHTSA and helped start the recall.

LizzyPoo 04-16-2008 08:56 PM

I have a Marathon and it rocks, but I voted other because I am thinking my new fave will probably be the Frontier for tons of reasons but in no small part because it expires in NINE years instead of six (and those things ain't cheap so the longer the better!)

clothmamaof4 04-16-2008 09:17 PM

None, I refuse to pay that much for a car seat. As for other covers there are lots of people on ebay who custom make them for a number of different brands and styles of car seats. I'm having one made for my new baby.

mom2jjorion 04-16-2008 09:22 PM

We've been using the Boulevard for a year now (with much room to grow), and simply adore everything about it.

redneckmama 04-16-2008 09:47 PM

We have 2 marathons and love everything about them!

RKingsQueen3 04-16-2008 10:03 PM

we tried all 3 (money not being a factor at all) chose the marathon. the knob adjuster makes me nervous about it breaking etc. too many bells and whistles. We didn't like the way ds fit in the one with all the padding and like the pp the push button strap thing was a PITA to press.
as for covers only a cover from britax made for your britax seat may be used and still keep your warranty. a ebay custom cover as mentioned above will void it per britax c/s which was great when we had a random issue with our onyx regent's cover for my oldest.

julucas 04-16-2008 10:11 PM

I have two Boulevards and we love everything about them. I would spare no expense for the safest carseat, so the price did not faze me. I do laugh though when we go somewhere that says to take the valuables out of the car. I have NOTHING valuable except $600 worth of carseats...:giggle2:

MarinesFamily5 04-16-2008 10:26 PM

I love that the decathlons have adjustable crotch strap!

lotsuvlittles 04-16-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julucas (Post 3342492)
I do laugh though when we go somewhere that says to take the valuables out of the car. I have NOTHING valuable except $600 worth of carseats...:giggle2:

:roflmbo:
That hadn't crossed my mind! I have five kiddos in seats and those are definitely more valuable than anything else in my rig.

katt 04-16-2008 10:57 PM

We have a blvd. We chose it because of the TSIP. I also really like the adjustable strap height knob thingy. :)

any carseat we get after this needs to have ease of installation, tsip, and the knob adjuster.