Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Please take my poll on which Britax you like the best.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397715)

*Alabamamom* 04-16-2008 04:39 PM

Please take my poll on which Britax you like the best..

Marathon, Boulevard or Declathon
I'm not really seeing a whole lot of difference between the 3, so if anyone wants to enlighten me, please do.. They all seem to have the same guidelines (RF 33-35lbs, FF 20-65, Under 49 inches).. I'm planning to get him one in the next couple months.. I really want to know what you mom's that have these think and what is comfty for the babes etc..

lotsuvlittles 04-16-2008 04:51 PM

Re: Please take my poll on which Britax you like the best..

I have a marathon and a roundabout and I much prefer the push button adjuster on the roundabout like the decathlon. However I would go with the boulevard for the TSIP if I were to buy one today.

Edensmomma 04-16-2008 05:24 PM

I dont have one yet, my DD is only 4 months but I am :popcorn:

*Alabamamom* 04-16-2008 05:26 PM

Anyone know if you can buy other carseat covers for each of these styles? :headscratch:

grisaleen 04-16-2008 06:28 PM

I chose the BLVD over the MA because of the knob-adjusted harness (so I could just turn the knob instead of rethreading the straps) and because of the headwings, since DD almost always sleeps in the car. Before I bought the BLVD, her poor little head fell all the way over onto her shoulder and she looked so uncomfortable. But I do think that the MA is a close second.

Shaunam 04-16-2008 06:40 PM

We have a diplomat, which is just like a smaller boulevard, so that's what I voted for. I like the knob adjuster for the harness. You never have to worry if your child has a growth spurt, you don't rethread the straps, you just turn the knob. Also comes in handy for my kids' ever-changing diaper styles...some are more bulky than others. If I stuck my DD in her seat in a sposie right now, or in a super stuffed pocket, I'd have to move the harness up or down, but it's not a big deal and takes all of two seconds.

Mumma2Anna&Finn 04-16-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lotsuvlittles (Post 3339721)
However I would go with the boulevard for the TSIP if I were to buy one today.

This is the reason I got the BLVD for both of my kids.

emilypowell25 04-16-2008 06:48 PM

We bought 3 Boulevards for the True Side Impact Protection.

freeray76 04-16-2008 06:50 PM

We have 2 BLVD's one for each vehicle. My mom is a parametic and she sees alot of stuff. She bought us the first one and we bought the second. They are more expensive, but w/ true side impact protection! Your more likely to be hit from the side than head-on, so that protection is truely needed. Hope that helps!

ShayneLeMaster 04-16-2008 07:16 PM

we have a marathon and a roundabout ( for grandma's car stays at the house incase DH has car and i need a seat.. )

i like those equally... for baby #3 i am going to probably be looking back at this post or posting it again. lol

luvsviola 04-16-2008 08:56 PM

I have a Marathon, 2 Blvds, and a FPSVD.

The boulevards win hands down. DD lays her head on the wings to sleep. The infinitely adjustable harness is great. I feel better about her being outboard with the SIP. The others are nice and all, but I like my Boulevard best.

I had a Decathlon and hated it. The push button adjuster was a PITA and it was so hard to pull the thing finally broke, stranding us with no carseat. Luckily we were at home and she still fit in her bucket at the time. I was so angry (and Britax knew it!) that they replaced it with a BLVD for me since I reported them to the NHTSA and helped start the recall.

LizzyPoo 04-16-2008 08:56 PM

I have a Marathon and it rocks, but I voted other because I am thinking my new fave will probably be the Frontier for tons of reasons but in no small part because it expires in NINE years instead of six (and those things ain't cheap so the longer the better!)

clothmamaof4 04-16-2008 09:17 PM

None, I refuse to pay that much for a car seat. As for other covers there are lots of people on ebay who custom make them for a number of different brands and styles of car seats. I'm having one made for my new baby.

mom2jjorion 04-16-2008 09:22 PM

We've been using the Boulevard for a year now (with much room to grow), and simply adore everything about it.

redneckmama 04-16-2008 09:47 PM

We have 2 marathons and love everything about them!

RKingsQueen3 04-16-2008 10:03 PM

we tried all 3 (money not being a factor at all) chose the marathon. the knob adjuster makes me nervous about it breaking etc. too many bells and whistles. We didn't like the way ds fit in the one with all the padding and like the pp the push button strap thing was a PITA to press.
as for covers only a cover from britax made for your britax seat may be used and still keep your warranty. a ebay custom cover as mentioned above will void it per britax c/s which was great when we had a random issue with our onyx regent's cover for my oldest.

julucas 04-16-2008 10:11 PM

I have two Boulevards and we love everything about them. I would spare no expense for the safest carseat, so the price did not faze me. I do laugh though when we go somewhere that says to take the valuables out of the car. I have NOTHING valuable except $600 worth of carseats...:giggle2:

MarinesFamily5 04-16-2008 10:26 PM

I love that the decathlons have adjustable crotch strap!

lotsuvlittles 04-16-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julucas (Post 3342492)
I do laugh though when we go somewhere that says to take the valuables out of the car. I have NOTHING valuable except $600 worth of carseats...:giggle2:

:roflmbo:
That hadn't crossed my mind! I have five kiddos in seats and those are definitely more valuable than anything else in my rig.

katt 04-16-2008 10:57 PM

We have a blvd. We chose it because of the TSIP. I also really like the adjustable strap height knob thingy. :)

any carseat we get after this needs to have ease of installation, tsip, and the knob adjuster.

duckieheart 04-16-2008 11:00 PM

We chose a boulevard, after lots of research. The adjusting knob is nice. But mostly we chose it because DD sits in the captains chair of our mini van, and I wanted as much SIP as I could get. We drive an Uplander, and the captains chairs are very, very close to the glass, IMO. We bought our on sale and paid as much for her Blvd as the Marathon runs MSRP.

adamkell 04-16-2008 11:18 PM

I'm also for the Boulevard b/c of the knob adjuster, and mainly b/c of the TSIP like everyone else has said!

aqua_jellybean 04-16-2008 11:33 PM

I choose the Marathon, but that is because that is the only Britax carseat in Canada that is both rear and front facing. Canada is sooooooooo slow when it comes to aproving things.

Calideedle 04-17-2008 12:16 AM

All three have:

A harness weight limit of 65 pounds.
Basically the same shell.
FF tether and a RF tether.
HUGS for use when FF (you can use them RF, but they are not required).

The Marathon and BLVD now Rear-Face to 35lbs.
The Decathlon Rear-Faces to 33lbs (that I know of).

The Marathon and BLVD have lever harness adjuster & bars the LATCH attaches too.
The Decathlon has a push button harness adjuster (though MANY find it impossible to use) & does NOT have bars where the LATCH is attached.

The Marathon and BLVD have one crotch strap position.
The Decathlon has 3 crotch strap positions.

The BLVD has side impact protection & knobs to adjust the harness height.

The Decathlon has more infant padding.

My Fav is the Marathon and BLVD - I cant pick a fav!

*Alabamamom* 04-17-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckieheart (Post 3342814)
We chose a boulevard, after lots of research. The adjusting knob is nice. But mostly we chose it because DD sits in the captains chair of our mini van, and I wanted as much SIP as I could get. We drive an Uplander, and the captains chairs are very, very close to the glass, IMO. We bought our on sale and paid as much for her Blvd as the Marathon runs MSRP.

Hey! As I was reading this I was thinking 'yeah, mine has captain chairs too'.. and yeah, mine is an Uplander as well! I love it and we've had it two years now (it's a 2006) and haven't had any problems whatsoever.. But, I have also noticed it seems the seats are closer than normal to the windows.. :headscratch:

*Alabamamom* 04-17-2008 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calideedle (Post 3343094)
All three have:

A harness weight limit of 65 pounds.
Basically the same shell.
FF tether and a RF tether.
HUGS for use when FF (you can use them RF, but they are not required).

The Marathon and BLVD now Rear-Face to 35lbs.
The Decathlon Rear-Faces to 33lbs (that I know of).

The Marathon and BLVD have lever harness adjuster & bars the LATCH attaches too.
The Decathlon has a push button harness adjuster (though MANY find it impossible to use) & does NOT have bars where the LATCH is attached.

The Marathon and BLVD have one crotch strap position.
The Decathlon has 3 crotch strap positions.

The BLVD has side impact protection & knobs to adjust the harness height.

The Decathlon has more infant padding.

My Fav is the Marathon and BLVD - I cant pick a fav!

Hey! Thanks for the breakdown! :hugs: I'm torn between the marathon and BLVD at this point.. I am leaning more towards the BLVD though I think...

*Alabamamom* 04-17-2008 08:54 AM

I keep looking at various pics of the BLVD.. the wing things look like they could be a pita.. How do you wash them? Do they ever get in the way? Is there an option to remove them? But then, those are actually what makes the seat have the true side impact huh?

Calideedle 04-17-2008 09:19 AM

The cover comes off to wash it. The wings stay on. I know some kids do have a problem with them but most dont.

Indianamom*2 04-17-2008 03:34 PM

I chose NONE because I am not a Britax fan at all but if I HAD to choose a Britax I would go with the BLVD for the TSIP like PP stated. A friend has that one in her car for DD to use when we are with her and its a nice seat but I HATE the way that the harness adjusts. I can never get it tight enough because the seat of the car is always blocking me from getting to the strap well enough.

The part of the harness that goes across the hips, goes across her thighs almost to her knees and then they leave red indentions on her legs.
And it seems to have a short shell and top slots too (i have not measured them). There is no way that it would last DD to the weight limit.

My personal fav is the Evenflo Triumph Advance because it is easier to adjust, has taller tops slots than the Blvd seems to have, and is plushier than the Blvd is. The straps go across her hips instead of her thighs !

*Alabamamom* 04-17-2008 08:26 PM

So far, the Marathon has the most votes! Keep those posts and votes coming.. I really am torn here.. I think I will go to Target this weekend and look at them personally and seat him in each one (if it's set up to where I can)...

Calideedle 04-17-2008 08:51 PM

Go to Babies R Us - they have them all! Target just has Marathon!

*Alabamamom* 04-18-2008 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calideedle (Post 3351679)
Go to Babies R Us - they have them all! Target just has Marathon!

Oh, thanks for telling me that! I only noticed a Britax there several months ago and didn't examine or anything, I just figured they must have them all. My nearly Target is about an hour away too, I'm glad you told me or I would have wasted a trip! :thumbsup:
I see they have a good amount of colors/designs.. Can anyone share which one they have or which one they'd like to have? I think I like the plain hunnington.. park way (I think that was the name) was kinda neat too...

grisaleen 04-18-2008 08:18 AM

I have the Park Avenue Boulevard. The annoying thing about the colors is that if you find one you like in one seat, the other style of seat won't have it.

Park Ave BLVD on the left (bear), Cosco Scenera on the right (George). My daughter cares enough to put them in their seats but not enough to buckle them in, lol.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k2...n/HPIM3895.jpg

*Alabamamom* 04-18-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMommyof2 (Post 3340168)
Throgh the Britax site or other dealers possibley on ebay but it has to be a Britax cover for the specific seat. I would go through the diffrences of the three but i have to get to work in a min sorry I am sure someone else can though:goodvibes: Oh also I have a Marathon I chose that over the Blvd because to me it seemed more comfy and I have a large truck and my dd is usully in the center next to her sister in a Regent. Also while RFing kids have side impact protection but the Blvd has True side impact protection. If I were in a small lower car with my dd out board FFing I ewould get the Blvd. anyways just my:2cents: Oh if it matters my dd is 2 and still rfing her seat is a last year model which only RF to 33 so I will reevaluate her height when she reaches that weight to see if I can get a seat that will keep her rfing those 2 lbs longer

Ok so if were to buy one in the parkway theme, I could also buy one in the hunnington theme and switch them out, and still be under the warranty, right? I just couldn't get custom made ones that aren't made britax.. right?

*Alabamamom* 04-18-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grisaleen (Post 3354119)
I have the Park Avenue Boulevard. The annoying thing about the colors is that if you find one you like in one seat, the other style of seat won't have it.

Park Ave BLVD on the left (bear), Cosco Scenera on the right (George). My daughter cares enough to put them in their seats but not enough to buckle them in, lol.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k2...n/HPIM3895.jpg

Ohhh, I really like the Park Avenue!! Looks so soft and plushy!

Calideedle 04-18-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Alabamamom* (Post 3360176)
Ok so if were to buy one in the parkway theme, I could also buy one in the hunnington theme and switch them out, and still be under the warranty, right? I just couldn't get custom made ones that aren't made britax.. right?

Yep you can switch them as much as you like, just use a REAL Britax cover made for your seat! (ie- a BLVD cover on a BLVD, etc)

mom2kdmb 04-18-2008 11:57 PM

Trin 04-19-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aqua_jellybean (Post 3342949)
I choose the Marathon, but that is because that is the only Britax carseat in Canada that is both rear and front facing. Canada is sooooooooo slow when it comes to aproving things.

Yupp.

I just bought my marathon today and already like it. I too was having a hard time choosing until I realized I only really had the choice of the marathon.

momto3Es 04-19-2008 12:08 AM

The Decathalon is out for me because of the LATCH strap. The separate straps on the MA & the BV are what makes them so easy to install tightly.

The "wings" on the BV bug the hell out of my kids when we tested the seats in the store. They couldn't stand them for 3 minutes. There's not way they would stand them in the car. I'm also not a big fan of that whole knob harness adjust thing. I guess if you were gonna have kids sharing a seat, it would be awesome, but I just don't see the need to move the harness up & down that often. Evie's been on the same slots of her Marathon for...hmm...a year, maybe?

So, the Marathon gets my vote of the Britax seats.

But truth be told, if I had to pick a new seat, it wouldn't be a Britax...I'd get another Radian!

Steve's Wife 04-19-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizzyPoo (Post 3341940)
I have a Marathon and it rocks, but I voted other because I am thinking my new fave will probably be the Frontier for tons of reasons but in no small part because it expires in NINE years instead of six (and those things ain't cheap so the longer the better!)

We have the Roundabout (I don't think anyone mentioned that one). I really like it. We had to get a compact one b/c the larger ones won't fit RF in my small car. But we are going to get a Frontier for DD so new baby can have the Roundabout. I am really excited about the 80lbs 5-point harness, the TSIP, and the 9 year expiration date! WooHoo! Better yet, MIL might get it for us :lostit: