Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I have a confession to make... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1515358)

1healthylady 05-08-2013 09:02 AM

I have a confession to make...

Lately I've really been looking forward to when I'm not BFing anymore. I still enjoy breastfeeding when I'm actually nursing DD. But I hate pumping, I miss eggs and all the foods that contain eggs, my boobs have been feeling tired/sore lately - not the nipples, just the boobs - and I'm ready to not obsess over whether or not she has enough milk for the day. Hopefully I'll get over this funk. We can't afford to supplement with formula, so I have to stick it out. We've made it 8 months, my goal is a year. I really WANT to make it to a year, but I guess I'm just tired of it right now.

tinyblackdot 05-08-2013 09:08 AM

Girl, you are not alone. I feel like that and my lo is only 3 months :/

l_Kimmie_l 05-08-2013 09:17 AM

Re: I have a confession to make...

I am at 13 months and am there. I love nursing when it is convenient for me, but look forward to having my body back to me again. I would love for him to not need to nurse asleep or pull my boobs out of my shirt when he wants a snack. With him not prefering solids, I do not see this happening.

crazyeyesmcgee 05-08-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
I am at 13 months and am there. I love nursing when it is convenient for me, but look forward to having my body back to me again. I would love for him to not need to nurse asleep or pull my boobs out of my shirt when he wants a snack. With him not prefering solids, I do not see this happening.

Ugh, I know. DD2 is 11 months and I can't stand when she sticks her hand in my shirt and tries to pull the nipple out for a treat. Drives me nuts. And OUCH! I'll power through, but some days I'm just over it totally.

Mheagan 05-08-2013 10:20 AM

Amen mama. My son took to BF beautifully, and I love it. However..... at 3 mo was diagnosed with MSPI, then at 6 months we found out he was allergic to eggs, milk, AND peanuts! It has been really rough on me (I'm still feeding the rest of the family normally). You think it would be a great weightloss tool (I have lost 1# in exactly 10 months).

And now I am having supply issues and am having to suppliment with formula *sigh*. It would be SO much easier to use formula. That being said, he is 10 months and I will BF as long as he wants but am secretly hoping (and feeling guilty about it) that he doses not want to go as long as DD (2 yrs).

1healthylady 05-08-2013 04:51 PM

I'm glad I'm not alone. I feel bad for feeling like this, and I am so thankful that we are still BFing (and for all the support I have for it), but I just don't always LOVE it. I guess I just didn't expect to feel like this.

From the phone.

Catbutt Diapers 05-08-2013 07:44 PM

*hugs* you are not alone. I fully admit I hate breastfeeding as well. It has never been fun for me, it has always been a complete PITA. Lulu can't have any dairy, and I've never ever made enough milk (even with Dom.) for her to EBF - but it took us over 6 months to realize that was the problem!

mamacita1222 05-10-2013 07:24 PM

I was just about to make this same confession! I don't pump (it makes me feel miserable emotionally) and DS doesn't understand what to do with a bottle or sippy or straw cup. He won't suck, he just chews. But it has become my mission to get him drinking from a cup (finally found an avent training cup he gets) ASAP. Some days I think I will just die if I breastfeed again. Other times I look down at him nursing and think this is just so awesome. DS is almost 9 months now. I just need to get to a year.

MommaMal 05-10-2013 07:57 PM

We're at 18 months and my LO won't drink anything but water or milk from the tap. she still nurses about six times per day. I'm ready to be done