Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Commemorating my 10+ years of breastfeeding...ideas? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1505843)

Doodlebrainette 04-04-2013 09:52 AM

Commemorating my 10+ years of breastfeeding...ideas?

It appears that after 10 1/2 years of breastfeeding (three children, tandem nursing twice), my nursing era is coming to an end. My youngest, "Little Bit," is still nursing for a few minutes at night, but that is about it. I'm guessing she will wean within this year. I had planned on getting a breastmilk pendant made, but sadly, my milk has suddenly dried up.

I still want to do something tangible (like jewelry or a figurine/wall art) that will commemorate all the time, energy and love that I spent nurturing my children by breastfeeding. I'm not sure I could find something like this, but if I could later separate it (like a pendant with three parts, etc) to give my children when they are grown, it would be awesome.

So, I'm here to ask you ladies for ideas and links. :) I thought that perhaps if I had some help, I could find something that would be perfect.

TIA!

Mackie3 04-04-2013 09:59 AM

Re: Commemorating my 10+ years of breastfeeding...ideas?

I don't have any ideas, but congrats on 10 years! What an accomplishment!

tibeca 04-04-2013 11:02 AM

If you find something that can be separated, I want to know. I think it would be great to give my little ones something when they're grown. :)

mommyandjude 04-04-2013 01:53 PM

Wow 10 years, that is amazing! Maybe a necklace with separate charms with their initials on it?

ottomamma 04-08-2013 09:05 PM

Have you heard of www.familytreeglass.com? They have beautiful handmade glass breastfeeding pendants and you can customize the colors. I have one and I love it!

Doodlebrainette 04-10-2013 06:52 AM

Thanks, Ladies! I'm so blessed to been able to go this long.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottomamma (Post 16479156)
Have you heard of www.familytreeglass.com? They have beautiful handmade glass breastfeeding pendants and you can customize the colors. I have one and I love it!

I love the pendants. I haven't really seen anything else that is nearly as beautiful. I'm seriously considering getting one.

ottomamma 04-10-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doodlebrainette (Post 16482973)
Thanks, Ladies! I'm so blessed to been able to go this long.

I love the pendants. I haven't really seen anything else that is nearly as beautiful. I'm seriously considering getting one.

Yes they are sooo gorgeous! Mine is in earthy swirl with a white baby. I love it! Mine was to commemorate my fight against IGT. I finally decided to stop calling it a failure and just celebrate that I did everything I could. Brooke even customized small boobs on my pendant for me. :)

redhairboy 04-11-2013 12:18 AM

Congrats on 10 years!!!! I hope you can find something meaningful to remember all the years spent nursing all your babies.

SaraBeth522 04-29-2013 04:23 PM

That is soo awesome! Congrats! I would love to see what you find, because I would love to do the same thing.