Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Traditional Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Left out (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1270095)

mrspnut82 08-30-2011 09:33 AM

Re: Left out

:thumbsup:

Sageac 08-30-2011 01:26 PM

Fixed and Thanks to the mods and admins (especially Juan). lol

purna079 09-02-2011 02:11 PM

So who is this forum for?

pcjs 09-02-2011 05:57 PM

I like the non-traditional families as to me it means it also includes remarriages/step-families as well as single moms and other folks (like choosing to have a child/no father/mother via the various means). Most of us usually don't talk about stepfamilies as there really isn't any place for us.

Sageac 09-02-2011 06:16 PM

This forum is for any family that considers themselves atypical. I think we had in mind step/blended families, same-gender parents, families that practice ethical non-monogamy, and any other families that may not have been included in those categories.

Is that clear? :hugs:

pcjs 09-02-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sageac (Post 13679814)
This forum is for any family that considers themselves atypical. I think we had in mind step/blended families, same-gender parents, families that practice ethical non-monogamy, and any other families that may not have been included in those categories.

Is that clear? :hugs:

When its called non-traditional, its clear but when it was called single parents, to me that was exclusive for single parents. :) I think this is a nice idea.

pinky74 09-03-2011 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcjs
I like the non-traditional families as to me it means it also includes remarriages/step-families as well as single moms and other folks (like choosing to have a child/no father/mother via the various means). Most of us usually don't talk about stepfamilies as there really isn't any place for us.

Agree!

3rockstars 09-03-2011 07:44 AM

pcjs, that's why we wanted and had originally asked for a "non-traditional" forum because we felt that it encompassed all families aside from the typical nuclear family(mom, dad, and child/ren). Non-Traditional families deal with lots of issues that typical families do not so we felt that a forum to share those challenges in life would be beneficial. There are SO many blended/step families on DS, tons of single parents, several same-sex parent families and several poly families that I know of personally that this forum that I can't help but think we can support each other better in a forum like this.

pcjs 09-06-2011 08:12 PM

You did well. I wouldn't have thought to ask for one buts its nice as not everyone "gets" alternative families even thought it is probably the "norm". Its funny when people ask how many kids we have - who do you include. I say my husband has 4, I have one and my son also has a brother (full biological) above that. :)

MelissaNKris 09-16-2011 08:53 PM

Thank you all who fought for a Non-traditional family forum to include ALL of us. We are a same gender couple expecting our first child. Though we have made purchases on DS, we were nervous about being declined if our identity as two women was revealed.

Thanks for making this a safer place to chat.

Kristina and Melissa