Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Kushies - good or bad? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30162)

Rhianna'sMommy 08-11-2006 09:13 AM

Kushies - good or bad?

I am wanting to get a handful of AIOs for cheap to have for going out. I mostly use fitteds right now that I made myself. I don't want to spend much money at all. Are kushies a decent diaper? DD typically isn't a heavy wetter - even though she occationally can be.

Bluemoon 08-11-2006 09:16 AM

Re: Kushies - good or bad?

:yuck: hatem. But some lovem. The outter material feels gross to me. We used them for awhile and when I could afford to replace them I did. DD always tugged at the legs from the material rubbing her. So I went a size up and she still did. She didn't like that heavy material touching her
Barbara

Psychomom 08-11-2006 09:57 AM

So-so. For me, they are a "you get what you pay for" diaper. I only had one in my stash when my son wore smalls, and it was perfectly functional, so it was good in that aspect. I didn't like the materials, either, so I never bought anymore. Oh, and my son is a light-medium wetter, too.

LuAnn 08-11-2006 10:03 AM

I got a bunch at goodwill that was up to 20/22lbs and we used them until ds outgrew them and they worked pretty good, now hes a very heavy wetter so I dont know.

LuAnn

MamaMegan 08-11-2006 10:08 AM

I spent $40 on 5 used on eBay-- I couldn't give them away... I wasn't impressed at all.

lilmama2dsndd 08-11-2006 10:09 AM

I have some in my stash and although I don't LOVE them, I certainly don't hate them either, they are uber-cheap and I haven't had leak problems so in that aspect they are good, but I don't like the material much. I send them to DCP because I won't get upset if the get thrown away by mistake :2cents:

Momma_of_3 08-11-2006 10:29 AM

Either people love them or hate them really. I prefer fitteds, but dh prefers aios & since he diapers at nite while I am at work, I accomadate him. He LOVES kushies. (we also use magicalls & baybees) We have about 15 in our stash & if I have pp around & people are selling them I always buy them. They have good resell on ebay. I have seen them go for crazy amounts there. You can buy them at walmart.com in packages of 5 for about $7.75 each, which imo is a good deal. They work good for my medium wetter & we use them at night too.

goofygirl422 08-11-2006 11:13 AM

I love them on one daughter and hate them on the other daughter. Who knows?????

But now when I started cloth diapering older daugther she was already 9 months old and I was on a tight budget.

Bugaboo Bottoms 08-11-2006 11:17 AM

I'm so sorry-unfortunately you can those at that price brand new....

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaMegan
I spent $40 on 5 used on eBay-- I couldn't give them away... I wasn't impressed at all.

angel0123 08-11-2006 11:25 AM

hate them! Before ds out grew them the aio's covers with torn and hurting his legs... customer service sucked. I would go prefolds and covers than waste money on them. I rank them just above sposies....