Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What were you doing when your water broke? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1258104)

TeachinAuntie 08-07-2011 10:44 AM

What were you doing when your water broke?

So, if your water broke when you went into labor, what were you doing?

For me, with Luke, I was sleeping.

sarchamar 08-07-2011 10:52 AM

Re: What were you doing when your water broke?

I didn't vote because I had AROM as part of an induction with my first two, and my water didn't break with #3 until I was fully dilated and about to start pushing.

I have two close friends whose labors began with spontaneous rupture, though. One was sitting on her sofa reading a book and one was climbing stairs.

ktmelody 08-07-2011 10:57 AM

The only time my water broke was with number 6. Ummm.....we were DTD...lol.

Jasmini 08-07-2011 10:58 AM

I was in the middle of a grocery store with all my 4 kids and my parents in tow :giggle2:

angel0123 08-07-2011 11:00 AM

Once when i got out of bed. Ds1. Once sleeping ds3. Ds2 had a sac of steel. He was going to be born in it.

shootingstarlet 08-07-2011 11:03 AM

My water broke with my son at about 4 am when I had gotten up to use the bathroom. I was so lucky it broke over the toilet!

OneFishTwoFish 08-07-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shootingstarlet (Post 13512534)
My water broke with my son at about 4 am when I had gotten up to use the bathroom. I was so lucky it broke over the toilet!

That's what happened with me with DS1 only it was 2:30am.

With DS2 my water broke as I was pushing.

Chrijodo 08-07-2011 11:10 AM

The only time my water broke spontaneously was with the twins. I was sleeping. It was 4am. I woke up thinking I peed myself and went to the bathroom and realized that the "pee" wasn't stopping. The girls were born 4 hours later

CarolinaMama 08-07-2011 11:10 AM

Mine did not break till my dd was crowing. I was lucky, I was nervous of a mess! Instead the nurses had to deal with it :)

sillymama 08-07-2011 11:15 AM

With my first my water broke while I was getting dressed. I had just used the bathroom so I was pretty sure it was my water breaking. It was just a trickle though. Later that day I had the gush while walking to the bathroom (at that point I was already at the hospital).

JKCCart 08-07-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shootingstarlet (Post 13512534)

:yeahthat:

JKCCart 08-07-2011 11:19 AM

Number three's water broke right before I pushed her out.

Jessica

ThreadsThatBind 08-07-2011 11:27 AM

My water broke when I was sleeping, for both dd's.

JeDeeLenae 08-07-2011 11:28 AM

With DS1, I was at the hospital for induction. I'd just been given cervadil, and an hour later wiped too much and pulled it out. As I was going back to the bed, I felt a gush.

greenMamaOwl 08-07-2011 11:33 AM

With DS#1, I had just eaten a late dinner; it was 7 p.m. I went to pee TMI--- I wiped, as I stood up to finish pulling my undies up, my water broke!!! I yelled "Uh-oh!!!" and DH knew exactly what had happened, and came running in! I hopped in the shower, and headed to the hospital!

(Funny thing is- I was scheduled to have a c/s early the next morning!) LO had his own plans! :giggle2:

KandFsMomma 08-07-2011 11:49 AM

With my first, my water broke after 16 hours of labour, right before she was born.
With DS, my water broke in my kitchen while I was cooking dinner. He was born 3 days later.

*~Melissa~* 08-07-2011 11:52 AM

I was at work. My patient had just delivered and I was bending over to pick something up!

erin_c_odonnell 08-07-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasmini (Post 13512507)
I was in the middle of a grocery store with all my 4 kids and my parents in tow :giggle2:

That happened to my mom! She was in line at Furr's Cafeteria with her in laws and my siblings and all of sudden pop! She said she was mad cause she hadn't gotten to eat yet :giggle2:

For my last I just finished potty at 6 am and walking back down the hall and pop :)

stacieandtheboys 08-07-2011 12:02 PM

With DS1 my I heard a pop when getting out of my brand new (delivered that day) bed and I went to the bathroom and gushed as soon as I sat down. With DS2 they broke my water.

Greenebean214 08-07-2011 12:16 PM

I felt a pop while I was sitting on the sofa, but didn't feel any leaks so I went about my business. A few hours later after walking the dog, cleaning the kitchen, and going to bed, leakage and labor started! I was so surprised because I was only 38w1d and expected to go the whole 40!

MNclothdiaperin'Momma 08-07-2011 12:29 PM

With DD, they had to rupture it...With DS it was while I was getting on the OR table. He was scheduled for a C/S a week later, but didn't wait, so we ended up with an emergency C/S since he was breech.

Addicted2fluff 08-07-2011 12:30 PM

With DS (#1) I was laying on the hospital bed, and with DD (#2) I was resting my arms and head on the birthing ball with my knees on the floor (at home) with DH pushing on my lower back.

bezark 08-07-2011 12:33 PM

I was taking a morphine nap at the birth center when my water broke. My nurse thought I was just groggy from the shot and had peed myself. I can assure you that the adrenaline from knowing the kid would *finally* be here soon wiped away any leftover drugs. :giggle:

MamaBink 08-07-2011 12:52 PM

My water broke all three times while laying in bed. With the boys, I was asleep and didn't realize it till I woke up and felt the wetness. With my daughter, I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep but had a nasty cold and couldn't stop coughing. I felt a large pop and then large gushes.

Statistically, fewer than 15% of women experience rupture of membranes before labor begins. How in the world did it happen to me all three times? With odds like that, I should play the lottery lol.

Mamatoabunch 08-07-2011 12:56 PM

Twins sleeping
Third midwife broke it in late labor
Fourth sleeping
Fifth pushing
Sixth just before pushing
Seventh sleeping
Eighth pushing
Ninth on bed making out w/ dh
Tenth just before pushing
Eleventh during sex

Harmony96 08-07-2011 12:58 PM

My forewaters broke with DD when I was just walking around in the kitchen. Just a tiny pop and a tiny bit of fluid. The rest of the waters didn't break until about 10 hours later, lol.

msuk2girl 08-07-2011 01:08 PM

We were watching a documentary of some sort. :)

songbird516 08-07-2011 01:11 PM

I still have no idea when my water broke with my daughter, so I guess I can't vote. It must have been in the tub when I was at home; I don't remember it leaking or anything before that.

Prettylocks 08-07-2011 01:15 PM

Great thread! I love all these stories! My water has never broken before I went into labor.

carlaross 08-07-2011 01:28 PM

First baby, while I was at the hospital already in labor.

Second, I had a little trickle leak all through labor and delivery. When he was born, a huge gush came out behind him. He was like a cork. :giggle:

Baby number three, I had just laid down in bed at midnight, finally gotten remotely comfy, dozed off, felt a big kick and a pop, followed by gushes. I had A LOT of fluid with him and had to wear a towel for about 6 hours. I had a few hours before contractions started.

Crow Mountain Crafts 08-07-2011 01:30 PM

I didnt vote because mine didnt break until I was in labor both times.

JAG's baby mama 08-07-2011 01:40 PM

For DS's delivery, I had just laid down to go to sleep. Within 15mins, I felt a small gush and it just kept coming.

For DD, I was in the whirlpool, laboring. Her water broke just before she crowned. I felt/heard a pop and I could feel warm "water" all around my legs. I barely had time to tell the nurse my water had broken. DD was born 2-3mins later.

blushingmommy 08-07-2011 01:55 PM

#1 arm before pushing
#2 while sleeping
#3 arm before pushing

Dandelion 08-07-2011 02:25 PM

With DS I had just walked out the bathroom door and though, okay, I just went. There is no way I just peed myself. :)

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

rainydaysunshine 08-07-2011 02:50 PM

I voted other, because I had two to list. The first, I was cooking dinner. The second, I was pushing him out :giggle:.

Just2fornow 08-07-2011 04:34 PM

I was laying on the bed with DD and when I moved quickly I felt and HEARD a "pop" and then gush- big mess :giggle:

AcrossTheUniverse 08-07-2011 04:36 PM

With my first two, my water didn't break until the end of my labor.

With my third, my water broke before I went into labor. I was 40w1d and I was laying down with my girls to put them to bed. I heard a *pop-pop* sound and thought, "What the heck?!" The girls were sleeping so I carefully climbed out of bed and went to the bathroom and noticed I was leaking fluid, but it was just trickling. As I was standing in the kitchen a few minutes later it broke in a huge gush.

With my fourth, my water broke prematurely while I was sleeping. I was 30w6d pregnant and woke up to a wet bed. At first I thought it was urine but then I recognized the familiar "trickle" and went into the hospital where they tested it and it was amniotic fluid. I had to sit on hospital bedrest for 4 weeks after that! Luckily my fluid levels never got too low and the huge gush didn't come until I was in active labor nearly a month later.

bedheadmaestro 08-07-2011 04:37 PM

Driving to work. I worked all day with a maxi pad on, since it was a small leak and seemed to seal itself up right away, since I was not about to turn around and do a 2 hour commute back home for nothing (felt no ctx). When I got out of the car after driving home at the end of the day, it gushed.

FernHollow 08-07-2011 04:39 PM

I've only had my water break before labor once out of 4 kids so far. That was during early labor while I was sleeping with #3. He's my wildcard baby I think - he was breech, water broke before labor and he was born before his due date. The others have all been at least a week late and water didn't break at all or only during transition. My 4th baby was born in the caul actually :)

goatgeek 08-07-2011 04:43 PM

Just finished a big homemade turkey dinner was on my way to the bed to lay down,took off my pants and heard a big pop.kinda stood there for a minute wondering if I was peeing myself lol