Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Was your DH or s/o allowed in during 20 week ultrasound? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442837)

krismark0 09-12-2012 10:09 PM

Was your DH or s/o allowed in during 20 week ultrasound?

I scheduled my ultrasound with the hospital I plan on delivering at, and asked if my-step dad could come too...and they told me I couldn't even have DH in the room until they were done...then they would let him in the room to "show him what we saw". I told them that's BS and I cancelled and scheduled it at the hospital I used last time who does allow it.

No one I have ever talked to has had this issue...but apparently this particular hospital has done it this way for some time (I actually WORK there...so I had a friend in a different department call down to ultrasound and they confirmed it.)

I want DH to be there during the whole thing. Isn't that normal? Or am I just crazy!?

MrsD 09-12-2012 10:10 PM

Re: Was your DH or s/o allowed in during 20 week ultrasound?

For mine, I had my DH, aunt, cousin & her baby (she was only 4months)

TS8213 09-12-2012 10:10 PM

I've never heard of that. You are the patient and you have every right to decide who can be at, what is technically a test, with you. Obviously if it were surgical there would be rules to follow, but it's not. I would've cancelled my appt, too.

krismark0 09-12-2012 10:18 PM

I would assume most people don't find out until they get there and then they wont cancel at that point...but thankfully I called and asked. It probably would not have been good to throw a fit at my own work.

I did call around and most places allow at least one person, but I did find one other hospital with the same policy. I am just so hyped up about this I want to know on a broader spectrum how hospitals handle this!

jaelynsmommy61607 09-12-2012 10:22 PM

I would want them there too. At a military hospital they wouldn't let my mom come back. I was only 5ish weeks and only there to get my cyst looked at tho.

neuro_mom 09-12-2012 10:23 PM

Sounds totally bizarre to me to not allow dh or a s/o to be there.

almostcrunchy 09-12-2012 10:26 PM

I've been told I can bring one or two people, but no small children.

JulieBeth 09-12-2012 10:29 PM

The only ultrasound DH wasn't allowed at was the emergency one I had that ultimately told me I was miscarrying. Other than that, he's been to every appt and ultrasound. We brought our youngest to the 20 week ultrasound as well

babycat42 09-12-2012 10:40 PM

At the 20 week ultrasound with babe number three we brought all the kids so that they could share in the "surprise." They were 3 and one at this point.

Chamomile Girl 09-12-2012 10:46 PM

I think that is totally inappropriate. My pregnancy is not just about me, but is a family event. Ultrasounds (and appointments) should be shared by all involved with the pregnancy.

Do you know the rationale behind their policy?