Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Vacc'ing mamas--tell me about the one year shots--what they got, reactions, etc... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1244724)

dancermommy1 07-15-2011 09:39 AM

Vacc'ing mamas--tell me about the one year shots--what they got, reactions, etc...

Title pretty much says it all. DS is getting his 12 mo vaccs on Tuesday and I'm not sure what to expect. I'm calling to see what all he's getting...I looked at the CDC schedule and it confused the heck out of me.

What did your lo get? Did they have any reactions that differed from previous vax dates? DS usually runs a fever with the DTAP for a couple of days.

ajane 07-15-2011 09:45 AM

Re: Vacc'ing mamas--tell me about the one year shots--what they got, reactions, etc..

It depends on what your ped vax's for at what age. The CDC gives a schedule of timeline when your child should get which vax. Some vax's can be given at 1 year or 15 months.

Mine had really low grade fever and a little redness/swelling at injection site. I didn't even have to give them tylenol.

4littlevikings 07-15-2011 09:49 AM

Re: Vacc'ing mamas--tell me about the one year shots--what they got, reactions, etc..

None of my had any reactions except maybe a low fever. I didn't even give Tylonal.

carriek38 07-15-2011 09:52 AM

I can't remember what-all DD had at 12 mos (I'm at work & records are at home)...whatever she could get at 12 mos, she got then & got fewer at the 15 mo appt. She had a really low-grade fever for maybe 24 hrs (like, 100 degrees-ish) & was tired. No redness, no swelling. Then, as the ped had warned us would happen, a week later she had the same side-effects for 24 hrs. DD's pretty good w/ shots, though. She doesn't get too much irritation, fever, etc., so any side-effects are very mild for her.

photomikey 07-15-2011 10:16 AM

Can't remember what we got, either. No side effects to speak of.

Brooke789 07-15-2011 11:53 AM

Mine had two at their 1year check-up. The pneumonical one and something else off the top of my head MMR? We had no reactions to these or any previous ones.

Vie.en.Rose 07-15-2011 12:01 PM

I don't remember what she got, but she handled it really well. Other than some redness/swelling around the injection site, you wouldn't know she'd gotten her shots.

pcjs 07-15-2011 12:10 PM

I don't remember which we choose, but at one we choose to slow down the vac.'s and only do two shots vs. the bundle they give (we just caught up at 18 months) and will completely finish at the 2 year appt. Normally we had fevering and cranky but only doing the two vs. 3-4-5 shots really seemed to make a difference and no reaction to maybe a very little fever.

dancermommy1 07-15-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcjs (Post 13362298)
I don't remember which we choose, but at one we choose to slow down the vac.'s and only do two shots vs. the bundle they give (we just caught up at 18 months) and will completely finish at the 2 year appt. Normally we had fevering and cranky but only doing the two vs. 3-4-5 shots really seemed to make a difference and no reaction to maybe a very little fever.

I am considering the same thing.

mrosehughes 07-15-2011 01:46 PM

MMR is a common 1 year shot but on the CDC schedule it recommends MMR between 1 and 15 months. We delayed DS so he would get fewer shots at once, so we used his 1 year appointment to catch up on the vaxes that he was slightly behind on (polio, DTaP) and then got him his MMR at 15 months (by itself).

ETA: DS hasn't had any reaction (other than sore legs) to any of the shots he's gotten, and he's up to date except for Hep B.