Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Same letter names... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1091910)

northknoxmomma 10-14-2010 02:39 PM

Same letter names...

We named dd a "J" name, because it is a family name that we both loved, and with ds, we had a very hard time coming up with boy names... and it so randomly ended up that the name we chose is a "J" name as well. We really weren't wanting them to be both same letter names, it just ended up that way, fine. Well, now that we are having #3, do we just pick any name (given we love it)... or should we stick with "J" names? Part of me wants something different, because I like other names too, but will the baby feel left out or something? Any thoughts or suggestions mama's?

Pikemommy 10-14-2010 02:57 PM

Re: Same letter names...

Pick a name you like, who cares what it starts with!

My aunt's kids are Tamie, Trisha, Timothy, Tara and the dog was Toby..... it was so confusing, no one ever got called the right name!

chello 10-14-2010 03:06 PM

Michelle Duggar, is that you? :giggle2:

DD is an S name, and the girl name we had picked for DS (who's a J) was an S too. DH's brother's kids are both Cs, and his sister's kids were all E except the last one, who's an I. None of it was planned. I do know a huge family that all had L names, and it was planned. I'm saying all this to say, do whatever you want, if you agree on a name you love, use it!

I am trying to pressure my friend to name her next LO an H name, because her family's initials in order from the husband down are DEFG. :thumbsup:

Mommy9 10-14-2010 03:12 PM

We have Codi, Caleb, Christopher, Cierra ,Carter, Cadee, Caden, Courtnee,Canon! It is fun! We started out just kike you Codi,liked it. Caled, liked it. The next one had to be a C.We love it.

carbandy 10-14-2010 03:20 PM

I have two A girls not on purpose either. If I have another girl I think she must have an A name or she will feel left out..silly I know! If I have a boy I won't really care though.

Mum2Addison 10-14-2010 03:40 PM

Eh, pick what you like. If it happens to have a 'J' than fine, but don't feel like you have to keep up the 'J' names. A friend of my aunt's happened to pick two 'C' names by chance and then felt obligated to pick a 'C' for her last (and only DD actually). She actually didn't even really like the name, but it was the best for 'C' for her. It seemed silly to me to name your child something you didn't really like just because it started with a certain letter.

theirmommy5428 10-14-2010 04:02 PM

My 3 older sisters all have 5 letter "K" first names and 3 letter "L" middle names. It was pure coincidence. I have "CJ" innitials and I can honestly say I have never felt left out, I didn't even realize it until I was probably 13 or 14 and was sitting down one day and was like woah. If anything it makes me feel more unique because I'm the one who got the different name :D

jujusmommy 10-14-2010 06:14 PM

Mine is worse...DH insisted we stick with the first name starting with J...and that due to his family's tradition of the middle name beginning with E, all of our kids have JE names. I have a girls name picked out for this baby, but I have no boys names...

Stoffmaus 10-14-2010 06:53 PM

We have S, S, J, J, M, S, M, J. This baby will be a M, just so it's even. I have a thing for numbers.

annb 10-14-2010 11:07 PM

No, the baby will not feel left out. The baby won't care. If you're like us, 90% of the time you won't even call the baby by baby's name but some cute nickname.
The child isn't going to even notice until around kindergarten or later. At that point you could just say, we could have named you (pick crazy J name), but decided (non-crazy different letter name) was better!