Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What time of day is worst for you for "morning" sickness? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427342)

amcess721 08-02-2012 05:24 PM

What time of day is worst for you for "morning" sickness?

Evenings seem to be my worst time of the day. After that, it's overnight - hard to fall asleep while nauseated.

What time of day do you find is the worst?

And I'm sorry in advance for those mamas who are going to answer with "all day" :hugs:

psylion 08-02-2012 07:14 PM

It gets progressively worse from 4pm onward. Now that I'm at 21 weeks I feel close to okay in the mornings.

Sunshine915 08-02-2012 07:36 PM

This time around, it is all morning and into afternoon most days. Today I overdid it and had it for an hour around dinnertime. Then I feel kinda yucky when I try to fall asleep. So, bad but not too bad. At least I usually feel good in the evenings!

Umm_Ibraheem 08-02-2012 07:43 PM

Re: What time of day is worst for you for "morning" sickness?

I have non stop morning sickness unless I'm KNOCKED OUT. I have a MW appt tomorrow and we'll discuss the possibility of me having hyperemesis because I've already lost 18lbs!

Harmony96 08-02-2012 08:15 PM

Mine was bad in the mornings and in the evenings, but decent in the middle of the day.

cbusbaby 08-03-2012 05:55 AM

up until about 22 weeks, all day was bad but evenings and before bed were the worst. besides the vomiting plain stomach acid right in the morning... soooo unpleasant. now (33w), i feel sick in the mornings and then usually around 4 it comes back and gets worse until bed. i take zofran every day and haven't actually vomited for a while so that is nice. :)

pssh, "morning" sickness. also i have a friend that is in medical school and when I was about 16 or 17 weeks he was asking me how I felt and I told him (not well!). Then he was like "well, you shouldn't have morning sickness past the first trimester!". hahahaha :cry:

loveramongstars 08-03-2012 06:21 AM

Actually, my "morning" so when I wake up. Usually worse if I decide to sleep in. But not too bad, just when my stomach is mocking me saying "you need to vomit. Not!"

Sent from my Inspire. Hope everything makes sense!

hcokasil 08-03-2012 06:26 PM

all day, but it is worse in the morning right when I wake up and in the evenings...

sorry, i'm really bad at autocorrect and I don't like proof reading!

Christylkeller 08-03-2012 06:56 PM

Afternoon and evenings are worse for me. Usually in the morning I am still getting the unison/b6 combo effect. Once it wears off, it gets worse from there.

Christylkeller 08-03-2012 06:57 PM

Afternoon and evenings are worse for me. Usually in the morning I am still getting the unison/b6 combo effect. Once it wears off, it gets worse from there.

kkleinman 08-03-2012 08:11 PM

All day here...... my mw just put me on zofran because i have been unable to keep anything down and i am getting really dehydrated. I had to be hospitalized yesterday with an iv for fluids..... yuck! Zofran is a lifesaver in case anyone is wondering, i have felt pretty good all day today!

kaylabelle05 08-03-2012 08:12 PM

Evening after 8pm. I can usually stave it off the entire day but by that time I can't eat any more food and I just get sick. I never throw up though.

Phenerghen is my FRIEND!!!

KLeeCW 08-03-2012 08:19 PM

I have HG this pregnancy. The first six months was literally all day. I lost 10 pounds from being sick. I started tracking when I was sick and found I had "safe" times where I could usually eat without throwing it up. I would be sick first thing when I woke up, no matter if I ate crackers before getting out of bed (I seriously almost killed the people that continually made that suggestion, it might work for regular morning sickness, but with hg it was like telling someone to put a bandaid on a gaping head wound). Then after getting sick I couldn't eat for a couple hours. Between 9-11 I could usually eat a small breakfast. If I waited too long I'd get sick. I could not eat between 11 and 3 or I would get sick. In the afternoon I could usually eat between 3 and 5 but only something light. Then I couldn't eat again until around 9pm. I pretty much spent the first 6 months with my head in a bucket or laying in bed nauseous, not fun with a jumpy 4yo. I started to feel a bit better in months 6 and 7, started gaining weight back but still had extreme nausea. Now at 8 months just as I thought I was doing better, a lot of the nausea is coming back and holding things down is becoming difficult.

KLeeCW 08-03-2012 08:26 PM

Oh yeah, someone mentioned Zofran. I actually got that in the ER when I went in from severe dehydration from being sick so much around 7 weeks. They gave it to me and it started making me feel better pretty quickly and I thought "Thank god, a miracle drug!" Then about 20 minutes later I started having a rough time breathing and swallowing. Yeah, my throat closed. I was allergic to it. :cry:

kkleinman 08-03-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLeeCW
Oh yeah, someone mentioned Zofran. I actually got that in the ER when I went in from severe dehydration from being sick so much around 7 weeks. They gave it to me and it started making me feel better pretty quickly and I thought "Thank god, a miracle drug!" Then about 20 minutes later I started having a rough time breathing and swallowing. Yeah, my throat closed. I was allergic to it. :cry:

Oh mama! I am so sorry you are allergic to it! That sucks so much! Your ob should have been able to give you something else.... I hope you felt better at some point!

Shel9365 08-04-2012 07:31 AM

I'm nauseous all day, but it's definitely worst in the mornings. Evenings suck too. I'm not puking yet, but I'm also not yet 6wks. I don't see this getting better for a while.

NappyChappy 08-04-2012 04:35 PM

nauseous all day but worst after 2pm

cristy_1996 08-04-2012 04:38 PM

Ugh, after 5 p.m. for sure!!! (That was only after the all day hyperemisis went away!!)

lilbitcrunchy 08-04-2012 07:54 PM

I actually do feel the worst in the morning! By mid afternoon after I've forced myself to eat I feel pretty good. Then it creeps back in oh..about now..so 8pm or so.

P!nkPepper 08-05-2012 08:12 PM

For me it was either all day or at night.

Jodie ~ wife & mama