Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Selling to somebody with no feedback. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161196)

olstep 02-17-2011 07:39 AM

Selling to somebody with no feedback.

I wonder what you would do if a buyer has no feedback? Would you sell anyway, would you not? What would be your reasoning?

ETA: my question is not how you should treat each other. It is a moral choice everyone makes for themselves. My question is more practical if I can put it so.

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 02-17-2011 07:46 AM

Re: Selling to somebody with no feedback.

I would sell in a heart beat. You do not send the item until they send pay pal. You have to get dc to cover your end anyways. Now a seller with out feedback, I cross my fingers and hold my breath if I buy from them

SoniaAndreia 02-17-2011 07:54 AM

i would sell to someone with no feedback. they have to start somewhere. the "being weary of people with no feedback" thing never made much sense to me. how are they supposed to get any if no one will take a chance on them? just my :2cents:

apostolicmomma 02-17-2011 07:55 AM

Agreed!

~happy2Bamommy~ 02-17-2011 07:57 AM

I always do!

olstep 02-17-2011 08:09 AM

Thanks, ladies. I felt the same till I read that DC doesnt really protect you from scammers who claim not received or not as described to try to get items for free/reduced prices. A new user may be just old scammer who was caught before.

There was also something about charging backs on credit cards which I do not quite understand.

melissamomof3girls 02-17-2011 09:03 AM

I have plenty of times. I figure lots of people are just googling which diapers they want and happen upon this site lots of times. Others are just starting out and need somewhere to start.

As long as it's paid through funded paypal I figure I'm covered. If it's for a higher dollar amount, I usually add insurance/signature confirmation just to feel "safer".

Mama4Ways 02-17-2011 09:09 AM

Agreed. Like all the pps, someone has to start somewhere. I totally get not wanting to buy from someone without feedback, and the skepticism of checking out stuff and whatever... but selling small stuff should be something no one should avoid, imo. Of course, Im new to this site (well back after a hiatus) and dont have much feedback.

That said, I dont think anyone is deserving of nastiness about it from any seller/ISO buyer when contacted by someone without feedback. Ive been on the receiving end of that and its just not necessary. No one HAS to sell to or buy from anyone--and you don't even need a reason. But everyone deserves to be treated kindly.

D-BAD is the way to go :D

olstep 02-17-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls (Post 12311257)
As long as it's paid through funded paypal I figure I'm covered. If it's for a higher dollar amount, I usually add insurance/signature confirmation just to feel "safer".

Where do I look to check if it is funded paypal or not? Thank you.:goodvibes:

melissamomof3girls 02-17-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olstep (Post 12311381)
Where do I look to check if it is funded paypal or not? Thank you.:goodvibes:

Well, I don't know if there's a way to tell anymore if was paid by credit card of paypal balance...but I more mean no e-checks. I think those are more volatile in terms of being cancelled or a problem?

If it's just a smaller dollar amount of a sale though, I'd just do it.

PM me if you want to share the situation and I can give you my opinion. :goodvibes: