Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   new gmd organic workhorse diapers are in (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1439737)

garness 09-04-2012 01:50 PM

new gmd organic workhorse diapers are in

They have them up for sale today. They look so nice. I just bought the sale ones, so won't get any until I need the next size up. And they are the same price as well.

mrsmccullen07 09-04-2012 02:03 PM

Re: new gmd organic workhorse diapers are in

I am ordering enough to round out our rotation tonight when I get home .. I am so excited to try out the organic since I prefer organic prefolds (I dont like the feel of bleached). I am hoping eventually I can convert my whole stash to organic but I can't afford to do it now ........

I will be buying 7 yellow , 12 red and 6 brown (I plan to have 2.5 dozen yellow , 2 dozen red and 1.5 dozen brown on hand so these are what I need to get there)

hollbark 09-04-2012 02:24 PM

How exciting! I just bought some bleached ones. Maybe next time!

el's mama 09-04-2012 02:36 PM

I ordered the red edge organic an hour ago and they already shipped! Amazing!! I adore our organic PFs and I'm sure I'll love these as well.

thtr4me 09-04-2012 04:51 PM

I am so geeked about these, but do wish they had come about 19 months earlier ;).

When we move to the next size up I will definitely be getting these!

quinnNjesse 09-04-2012 08:27 PM

Can anyone list for me why organic is better?

Kabuki24 09-04-2012 08:48 PM

Just ordered two! Oh and maybe an sbish soaker... Oops

garness 09-04-2012 08:50 PM

organically grown cotton is grown without chemicals or pesticides of course. Its just better for the environment all the way around.
As far as for baby the organic cotton is noticeably softer than conventional cotton. Its just nice to know what touches your babys bum is natural fibers that were grown without chemicals.
Cotton is normally a heavily sprayed crop. And the end product could contain traces of those chemicals.

7arrows4God 09-05-2012 08:34 AM

What is the link? Thanks

Miss squish 09-05-2012 10:09 AM

http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/workhorse.htm

I just got some of the bleached mediums used and really really like them. He is 15 lbs on the nose and has lots of room to grow so it will be a bit before I will need larges but I'll definitely be excited for the organic version.

On a related note I think this is a great company to deal with. I have a dozen unbleached pfs that came out of the wash after first use with holes in some of them! Karen answered my email in a couple of hours ( on labor day even) and shipped a new replacement dozen the next day. Extra bonus I get to support a local business :thumbsup:

greencrunchymama 09-05-2012 10:25 AM

They are beautiful. I love GMD products!

MamaJoyful 09-08-2012 07:42 PM

Can I see action shots? :)

jujee 09-08-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaJoyful (Post 15656887)
Can I see action shots? :)

:popcorn:

MamaJoyful 09-09-2012 08:59 PM

Can someone share a pic of a pinned snapless GMD workhorse? I'd love to see how these work! Or can anyone tell me, can you use just one pin like with a Sbish snapless?

ccserrano 09-10-2012 08:06 AM

Here you go... Dd is 21months, 26 Ish pounds, and 32in tall.

Brown organic gmd wh

Attachment 119065

Green organic gmd wh

Attachment 119066

Green folded down about 2 inches with 2 hemp doublers for night.
Attachment 119069

And green with doublers under wool

Attachment 119070

Attachment 119071

Kabuki24 09-10-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccserrano (Post 15661751)
Here you go... Dd is 21months, 26 Ish pounds, and 32in tall.

Brown organic gmd wh

Attachment 119065

Green organic gmd wh

Attachment 119066

Green folded down about 2 inches with 2 hemp doublers for night.
Attachment 119069

And green with doublers under wool

Attachment 119070

Attachment 119071

You are using these for night???? Please report back and tell me how they worked. What brand of hemp are you using for doublers?

d_arnold 09-10-2012 08:21 AM

I don't have any experience with workhorses but since I keep hearing so many good things about them I'm thinking about giving them a try.

Are most of you using these during the day? If so, what cover are you using (besides wool)?

FriedaT 09-10-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabuki24

You are using these for night???? Please report back and tell me how they worked. What brand of hemp are you using for doublers?

I'm not the poster you were asking, but I use them for nights right now. DD is almost 15 months, 21 lbs, and we're using the brown Snapless WH with a size 2 Thirsties hemp insert folded in half under the sewn in soaker with a felted Disana wool soaker on top.

FriedaT 09-10-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_arnold
I don't have any experience with workhorses but since I keep hearing so many good things about them I'm thinking about giving them a try.

Are most of you using these during the day? If so, what cover are you using (besides wool)?

I use them during the day and nights, I add hemp for night time. Sorry, we only use wool now due to DD's super sensitive skin so I can't comment about other covers.

Kabuki24 09-10-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FriedaT (Post 15662063)
I'm not the poster you were asking, but I use them for nights right now. DD is almost 15 months, 21 lbs, and we're using the brown Snapless WH with a size 2 Thirsties hemp insert folded in half under the sewn in soaker with a felted Disana wool soaker on top.

Well, heck. I'm gonna give them a whirl at night. I'll use the same combo as you're using except I'll try either a Imse Vimse wool cover or an sbish wool cover over. One last question, do you use any fleese or liner? I'm assuming these might get really soaked. Or maybe I could tri-fold a infant size OsoCozy stay dry prefold under it.. or would this be too bulky? Oh the joys of night time cloth diapering.....

ccserrano 09-10-2012 10:06 AM

Hemp babies doublers.... No leaks and Dd soaks diapers. I was feeling lazy the other night and put her in a sposie for night, even though really wool is just as easy, and I'm not kidding in less then 15 min my bed and I were soaked! I thought I felt something warm, but figured it was just the warm diaper I felt... Nope! Leaked every where! Uggghh no leaks in wool ! Love it

MamaJoyful 09-10-2012 01:50 PM

Thank you so much for the pics! Would the brown snapless work with one pin for a 5 month old? Does anyone use them like that? Or would the wings be too small?

FriedaT 09-10-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaJoyful (Post 15663419)
Thank you so much for the pics! Would the brown snapless work with one pin for a 5 month old? Does anyone use them like that? Or would the wings be too small?

Browns might be too big on a 5 month old unless s/he's super chunky, they're a tad bit big on my 21 lb 15 month old. The wings are pretty long on the snapless though, depending on how big around the middle your LO is, you might be able to get away with one pin.

Luvingmy4boys 09-11-2012 04:54 PM

I just got my organic workhorses yesterday and they are so soft. I only washed and dried twice and am using them already. I wasn't sure what size to order so I got snapless browns and greens for my 30lb DS and the browns fit much nicer than the greens. The greens fit too but just a little bigger. I am loving the softness!!

ccserrano 09-11-2012 05:18 PM

I agree.... I had originally ordered one green and one brown to compare sizes... And I just ordered 5 more of each... Browns for daytime greens for night.

stephcrouse 09-13-2012 07:57 PM

Just put my order in for 6 of the organic brown with snaps. Hope I got the right size for my guy :)

MamaJoyful 09-13-2012 08:08 PM

Will be hoping to see pics when they come! Hope you like them! :)

I am thinking of trying a red or brown on my 5 month old, no closure to use with one pin. Not sure if very many people use them that way, but I like the Sbish snapless and thought maybe they would work the same way.

ccserrano 09-13-2012 08:08 PM

I received and prepped our new 10! Have a green on her tonight with a g cloth, and I think a tinytush wool soaker? Love it! I want to go to using wool 100% of the time...now that I have the gmds I think we will! I hated rangling prefolds! But between our flats (if I can find a fold I like that actually stays on her) and the 12 gmds, I think I might have to destash our pockets and prefolds.

Luvingmy4boys 09-13-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephcrouse (Post 15679225)
Just put my order in for 6 of the organic brown with snaps. Hope I got the right size for my guy :)

Our boys are about the same fit when it comes to diapers and I think the browns will be good for you. I ordered the closureless organic browns and greens and the browns fit better. I'm thinking of selling my greens and going with more browns. The greens fit but I like the fit of the browns better. Im thinking of ordering the snap closure too. They are so soft too.

stephcrouse 09-13-2012 08:27 PM

I am not sure about the snaps. I couldn't decide, so just went with what I thought would be easier for others, and we'd like to be able to go coverless. I just watched a you tube review of an xl on a baby Sully's size, so now I'm worried that I should have gone with the bigger size! :nervous:
Eta: this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGju6...e_gdata_player

Luvingmy4boys 09-13-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephcrouse (Post 15679402)
I am not sure about the snaps. I couldn't decide, so just went with what I thought would be easier for others, and we'd like to be able to go coverless. I just watched a you tube review of an xl on a baby Sully's size, so now I'm worried that I should have gone with the bigger size! :nervous:
Eta: this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGju6...e_gdata_player

I personally would only get snaps on the browns but the greens definitely have to be closureless. They are pretty big. I use Boingos on mine. My son isn't as chunky as the baby in the video though.

stephcrouse 09-13-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luvingmy4boys (Post 15679562)
I personally would only get snaps on the browns but the greens definitely have to be closureless. They are pretty big. I use Boingos on mine. My son isn't as chunky as the baby in the video though.

Will you pretty please post action shots of each (when you get a chance, no rush)? :D

MamaJoyful 09-14-2012 08:02 AM

I'd love to see pics too! I would also love to see some action shots of the organic workhorse pinned with one pin!

Luvingmy4boys 09-14-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephcrouse

Will you pretty please post action shots of each (when you get a chance, no rush)? :D

I am out of town right now but will get some pics on Monday. I didn't bring cloth with me right now.

stephcrouse 09-14-2012 05:33 PM

What's the big idea, you can't jump to our every action shot request, even when out of town?! :giggle: I got my shipping notice and will post pics asap.

Luvingmy4boys 09-17-2012 06:51 AM

65535 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by stephcrouse
What's the big idea, you can't jump to our every action shot request, even when out of town?! :giggle: I got my shipping notice and will post pics asap.

Lol, here they are. Excuse the background mess because we just moved and are still in boxes.

My son is 31lbs and 3.5yrs old.

It's a matter of where you like the rise on your diapers. After running around though, the greens get droopy so that's why I'm not too crazy about that size.

momma_dna 09-17-2012 11:56 AM

Hey ladies, Karen/GMD is looking for organic WH action shots and fitting reviews on the GMD FB page.

seacat 09-17-2012 12:00 PM

Not to thread jack, but...
What size would you go with for a 21 lb and 30 inch 9 month old? He's just starting to walk so, his thunder thighs will likely thin out.

stephcrouse 09-17-2012 12:05 PM

I'm so glad I got the browns, those look like they will work great for us for days. :)

MamaJoyful 09-17-2012 12:05 PM

Does anyone feel the wings should be longer to allow for easier pinning/fastening on the snapless ones? Being able to pin with one pin is so nice, and I imagine it is nice with the Boigo as well.

I also wish there were no crossover snaps on the snap workhorse. They run small around IMO, so the crossovers are not needed and just take from the nice look of the diaper. If you look at pics of these, even on tiny newborns, they almost never need crossover snaps.

Also wish the serging was rounded off at the end of the wings. I realize they are workhorse, but it would just be a nice touch. :)