Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Worms?!?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1473600)

Agla 12-19-2016 05:04 PM

Re: Worms?!?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama*Kim (Post 17751554)
Right?! At the time, it was so not funny, but now, we love to look back and laugh about it. Parenting is dirty work!

So true.
I have to say after reading again that you managed this remarkably well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsefthuko (Post 17751590)
Lol it is what I tell new parents who are upset about something. Cry today, laugh tomorrow. In time most of us will look back and laugh about what happened. In the moment it is so very serious. In the future, all relaxed, knowing the happy ending it is funny.

It's hard to tell people that since they are so in the moment. I can laugh at the time my dd hit her jaw on the windowsill and it swelled up in front just like it happens on cartoons. I think back and I even cartoon sound effects to how bizarre it looked.

In the moment I was close to hyperventilating because I thought for sure she broke her jaw at least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykidsaremyheart (Post 17751593)
Cringe...I seriously don't know what I'd do if we had to deal with this. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Know you have a better idea on what to do right?

It's why I love that mamas share so much on here.

qsefthuko 12-19-2016 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agla (Post 17751605)
So true.

It's hard to tell people that since they are so in the moment. I can laugh at the time my dd hit her jaw on the windowsill and it swelled up in front just like it happens on cartoons. I think back and I even cartoon sound effects to how bizarre it looked.

In the moment I was close to hyperventilating because I thought for sure she broke her jaw at least.

Life is so busy now and I have only a bedwetter in the house so I go long periods without getting on. Still, I keep coming back for this very reason. Sometimes only briefly. Other times like now, illness allows me more free time to be on. By tomorrow I should be feeling mostly back to normal so back to the wheel it is for me. I need another baby so I have a legitimate reason to sit on here for hours. You know, while nursing a cranky infant. Not like you can nurse and cook or clean at the same time. May as well be on DS.

mykidsaremyheart 12-19-2016 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agla (Post 17751605)
So true.

I want to say I'd know exactly what to do. Like Wrap the worm in tape. But knowing how squeamish I am, I'd probably forget and scream instead. [emoji23]

In high school, my friend was driving another friend and I around our small town. She spotted her dog and had my friend in the back open her door so that the dog could jump in. Shortly after my friend started SCREAMING and clinging her body against the door. My friend driving pulled into a parking lot and we all jumped out. Her dog had worms coming out of its butt. None of us wanted to ride in the back seat for a loooong time! [emoji33]

mykidsaremyheart 12-19-2016 11:46 PM

OP! I finally had time to read it to the end...and there is no end! I think we have to know: did the meds work or did you need something else? And did you see the worm?

Agla 12-21-2016 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykidsaremyheart (Post 17751645)
OP! I finally had time to read it to the end...and there is no end! I think we have to know: did the meds work or did you need something else? And did you see the worm?

I dewormed a dog once and that was more deworming than I want to see in a lifetime.

I think it did work. On her other thread it seems her kid has been worn free.