Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   What to clean glasses with? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1622892)

Pixi6s 04-28-2016 09:21 AM

What to clean glasses with?

My son wears glasses and so at the end of the day they need a good cleaning both glasses and the nose piece. I use to just clean teh glass with water and call it a day but lately I started using a cleaning spray we got from free and it does do much better. Wondering if I can use white vinegar instead? Also they recommend cleaning the nose piece with rubbing alcohol to get off face grease, wondering vinegar would work for that too.

Any experience? Any other ideas?

lisjump 06-22-2016 07:26 AM

Re: What to clean glasses with?

This has been unanswered for awhile, but I picked up a glass cleaning cloth from Norwex and I love it. It doesn't scratch anything, require anything but water, and it works like a charm.

Pixi6s 06-23-2016 07:57 PM

thx! I clean them with the dr bronners soap (from a foamer), rinse, then spray with watered down vinegar and clean with a cloth. The one I like the best is silky feeling versus the more "fluffy" ones

DebbieLove 06-24-2016 12:26 AM

I use the eco-me dish soap when it needs a good cleaning (at end of day usually) and in between a little spritz of vinegar (you can dilute w/water in a spray bottle) on a paper towel. I like the dish soap vs. hand soap because I feel like it does a great job and cleaning oils (from fingerprints etc.) and doesn't leave a film.

Pixi6s 06-24-2016 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieLove (Post 17724927)
I use the eco-me dish soap when it needs a good cleaning (at end of day usually) and in between a little spritz of vinegar (you can dilute w/water in a spray bottle) on a paper towel. I like the dish soap vs. hand soap because I feel like it does a great job and cleaning oils (from fingerprints etc.) and doesn't leave a film.

that is a good point I could switch to Sals Suds that we use for dishsoap.. though I alway follow with the vinegar so that may be good enough.

witchy mama 09-24-2016 04:04 PM

I usually use dish soap or dish/hand soap for my glasses, but using vinegar makes sense. Have you tried using just vinegar? Do you spray it on or dampen a cloth with it? Does it work well?

Pixi6s 09-25-2016 05:45 AM

I started using just vinegar/water on my glasses and phone and it works great. I spray the glasses and wipe with cleaning cloth

witchy mama 09-26-2016 08:47 AM

Thanks! I'll definitely have to try it :)

Rdesonia 09-26-2016 08:56 AM

I use dish soap on DD's... Not sure how but her glasses look funky by end of day with food, fingerfri ts, dirt.... You name it. She is 5. Mine I use plain water and they are fine.

Cottontailmom 03-07-2017 07:01 PM

I use a little vinegar water solution occasionally but I mostly just use water. I don't wear mine every day though. Just at night reading in bed so they don't get that dirty.