Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community -

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - (
-   Due in March (
-   -   Increase in lochia at 9/ 10 days pp? (

Proverbs169 04-08-2012 03:50 PM

Increase in lochia at 9/ 10 days pp?
Has anyone else experienced this?

My stomach/ abdomen has been really tender since yesterday afternoon. I have also noticed an increase in lochia, and it's back to a brownish red when it had been really light and, I thought, tapering off. I did google it and everything said that if you soak a pad in an hour, it needs to be checked out. Mine isn't that bad, it's just worse than it was a few days ago. I know flow can fluctuate but is this normal? I don't remember this from my other births.

I know it could also mean that I'm doing too much too soon but I really don't think that's it. I've tried to relax and rest, but I do have 4 other kids... I guess I could try harder, which should be easy with DH going back to work tomorrow and us starting up school again LOL

m&m&m 04-08-2012 11:20 PM

Yep happened here and was due to having another child to care for.

png_lovebirds 04-08-2012 11:51 PM

Re: Increase in lochia at 9/ 10 days pp?

happened w/ all 5 of mine! i could have days w/ nothing(going pad free) and then 2 days of heaving bleeding with clots...yuck!

Proverbs169 04-09-2012 07:31 AM

Re: Increase in lochia at 9/ 10 days pp?
OK, good to know. I actually had none overnight... so I guess it's gone for now. Today DH is back to work and I have other things to attend to, ya know? Hoping it stays away for good now.