Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Welcome to the 2nd Trimester! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1625495)

Rdesonia 09-02-2016 07:23 AM

Welcome to the 2nd Trimester!

How is everybody?!

I am getting charlie horses. Oh my they are bad. I wake up nearly crying. I swear they are more painful than childbirth! I am drinking plenty and taking vitamins. ( Prenatal and extra calcium) Bananas stink so I can't eat those. I am having dH pick up potassium and magnesium vitamins for me today. I had them as a kid and also every pregnancy so its not an unexpected thing. But my legs get so stiff that it hurts to walk. I limped down the stairs this morning and then had to limp back up them to get dressed. My calves hurt. I still have nausea and smell aversions. Its always worse as the day goes on. ( My morning sickness is more afternoon sickness.)

I decided to do the qnatal test so I will know gender in 3 weeks! How exciting is that!

Other than that I got a 2nd ultrasound and little globby baby is doing just fine.

abh5e8 09-02-2016 12:36 PM

Re: Welcome to the 2nd Trimester!

Hugs mama!! Just crashing to say I had terrible leg cramps in the night too. Calcium citrate, milk and 2 tsp calms forte (mag) every night worked like a charm. Also make sure to avoid iron - I took that and pre Natal's in the am.

D's Mutti 09-02-2016 03:42 PM

I have 2 more weeks to the second trimester here, but I'm looking forward to it. Feeling better overall since my dr gave me a prescription for diclegis. My house might actually stand a chance at getting clean again before this is all done. Lol.

mamato2boyz 09-16-2016 05:23 PM

Coconut water helps too..sorry that pain is awful!

munchkinflame13 10-03-2016 02:58 PM

I can't stand bananas smell either. I don't have cramps in my legs yet but my feet keep swelling and I keep feeling light headed. I'm still waiting for the "second trimester feeling better" thing to kick in and I'm at 17 weeks :/

tamid 10-20-2016 08:15 PM

I'm not on here a lot, going to try to check in more often :) I'm 20 weeks now and finally for the last couple weeks have started feeling normal again (aside from being much more tired this pregnancy with a toddler running around). Had our 20wk ultrasound today, baby wasn't super cooperative so I have to come back in 4 weeks for another. Dr said he thought everything looked ok but wanted to be sure, I'm thing to focus on the first part and not stress that there could be something wrong that they just didn't tell me yet. Also have to do a fetal echo in 2 weeks to check baby's heart since there's a heart defect that runs on hubby's side of the family (not fatal, just would be good to know if baby may have the same thing.) Hope everyone starts feeling better. I haven't had leg cramps, I feel really bad for those that do, they sound really awful!

MaggiePotterPhila 11-03-2016 11:54 AM

Ugh leg cramps are the worst, I had several horrible ones my first pregnancy. None yet so far this time, knock on wood. I stretch and do some massaging of my calves every night before bed. I'll try the other suggestions above as well, thanks!