Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically TGoodnessIFriday! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464116)

~whitehologram~ 11-16-2012 03:24 AM

Basically TGoodnessIFriday!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1305616431

We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

~whitehologram~ 11-16-2012 03:26 AM

Re: Basically TGoodnessIFriday!

I over slept a bit this morning but still it went ok. Fynn was good and I got him dressed first. I did keep calling out to the girls to get dressed and made sure they understood I wanted them done by the time Fynn was dressed.

They did ok. Cami was running a little behind but Shannon helped her.

So they went to School and kindergarten.....and got bretzels again. Cami was thrilled!

~whitehologram~ 11-16-2012 04:50 AM

Well continuing on with my cleaning this morning I organised my needle stash. I sorted all of my tips, counted up everything including length of each needle. All of my hooks too.

It's a staggering amount of stuff. Now I really do have it in front of me in black and orange (that was the could of the paper I wrote it on) I AM NOT BUYING ANY MORE NEEDLES OR HOOKS!

It's good to know. I want to go through my yarn stash too. Taking proper note of everything I have here should stop me buying any more......in theory :giggle:

~whitehologram~ 11-16-2012 04:51 AM

No sport this morning but I did eat breakfast so that's good.

Time to get ready for work.

jwjbbrown 11-16-2012 06:51 AM

I am up. So freaking happy it is FRIDAY.

Jerry stayed home yesterday and he is worse than me for sitting still and resting so the laundry and dishes are all clean so I am having a nice morning of just coffee and quiet time.

redgirlsmama 11-16-2012 09:07 AM

Morning. I am up and being lazy. I need to go feed the horses. I am just so tired.
Bella and I had words this morning, then when she left I felt bad starting her day that way. I am just sick of everything being a battle of wills. She insisted that she had nothing to wear, so I picked out clothes for her and told her to be downstairs in 5 min. Ten min later she comes down in a completely different outfit including a sweatshirt she wore just the other day. Then she threw a fit about not finding socks. I found her socks and told her to go brush her hair/teeth and wash her face. 10 min later she comes in to put on a different pair of socks. I asked her if she had gotten her bathroom stuff taken care of, no. It went down hill from there. I took away her Apple privileges for the weekend, untill her room is clean and she has all of her homework done, even the extra stuff her teacher assigns for later in the week. I wish that I could find a way to convince her that she would be able to do all of the same things *without getting in trouble for doing them* if she would just do her work first. Instead she messes around for hours and gets in trouble and opportunities taken away until I practically have to stand on top of her pointing at each thing to do.

jwjbbrown 11-16-2012 09:30 AM

ugh Jess I sooo do not look forward to that time with MH. She is willful child at 4.5 cant imaging that age.

at school, plowing on through my day...

jwjbbrown 11-16-2012 09:30 AM

ugh Jess I sooo do not look forward to that time with MH. She is willful child at 4.5 cant imaging that age.

at school, plowing on through my day...

jwjbbrown 11-16-2012 09:45 AM

Twitter is also PISSING ME OFF. I was hacked so I went in and deactivated my account to be done with it and they reactivated it

~whitehologram~ 11-16-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redgirlsmama (Post 15939441)
Morning. I am up and being lazy. I need to go feed the horses. I am just so tired.
Bella and I had words this morning, then when she left I felt bad starting her day that way. I am just sick of everything being a battle of wills. She insisted that she had nothing to wear, so I picked out clothes for her and told her to be downstairs in 5 min. Ten min later she comes down in a completely different outfit including a sweatshirt she wore just the other day. Then she threw a fit about not finding socks. I found her socks and told her to go brush her hair/teeth and wash her face. 10 min later she comes in to put on a different pair of socks. I asked her if she had gotten her bathroom stuff taken care of, no. It went down hill from there. I took away her Apple privileges for the weekend, untill her room is clean and she has all of her homework done, even the extra stuff her teacher assigns for later in the week. I wish that I could find a way to convince her that she would be able to do all of the same things *without getting in trouble for doing them* if she would just do her work first. Instead she messes around for hours and gets in trouble and opportunities taken away until I practically have to stand on top of her pointing at each thing to do.

I have to do that with all of mine anyway. I never just let them get dressed. I pick out their clothes and wait (reminding them to carry on) until they are dressed. I take them to the bathroom, put the tooth paste on the brush and make sure they brush, wash and pee before they leave the room. Then to the living room to get hair done and then get bags and go.

But that's because if they are left alone they done get anything done and they'd hurt each other. As soon as their meds work they are different kids but sadly there isn't the time to wait for their meds to work before getting them ready.

~whitehologram~ 11-16-2012 11:43 AM

I had a panic attack at work.

The boss is having some sort of a get together at his house on Sunday with the workers.

I just cant deal with that. Going somewhere I've never been before (50km away) and then being surrounded by people I don't know...on my own. I just just cant do it.

I said I cant come and tried to explain but they all just kept say oh, come. I kept saying I just cant.

After about 6 different people saying that to me I just couldn't deal anymore and panicked. My breathing got all horrible, I was crying, and I couldn't calm down. I hide in the freezer util I could get it together enough to work.

Horrible!

~whitehologram~ 11-16-2012 11:46 AM

It wasn't just that the 6 people said it....they kept saying it every time they went past me in the shop.

jwjbbrown 11-16-2012 12:01 PM

Sorry Janine. Anxiety is so hard.

I just found out one of our families with six kids is homeless. The tribe has put them up in a hotel but it just makes me sad. They only have Mom, Dad died from liver disease 2 years ago. Mom was living with Grandma, she went berserk and kicked them all out...gah.

redgirlsmama 11-16-2012 12:04 PM

Sorry Janine.
Jen that is terrible. I feel horrible for them. It makes me sad that people can't pull it together for kids well being. And if the Mom was doing things that needed to stop kick HER out. Don't send 6 kids out into the cold with her.

~whitehologram~ 11-16-2012 12:08 PM

Ack!

I'm sorry Jen. :(

jwjbbrown 11-16-2012 12:25 PM

Mom actually is a descent Mom trying to feed her kids doing crafts and such. There are no other jobs really. Sounds like Grandma is just a banshee

cherylchoo 11-16-2012 01:22 PM

Afternoon mamacitas!

DH is off today (apparently car companies consider first day of hunting season a holiday :rofl:) so I spent the morning scouting Costco/Homegoods/TJMaxx for Xmas gift ideas. Whole lotta nada. I did however score chocolate coins at Dollar Tree :giggle2: which for some reason is a really big deal to my kids, and for whatever reason I can never seem to find.

Hugs on the rough morning, Jess. I used to do it Janine's way the first month of school, then I backed off and let them pick their own outfits (and would help if they asked), and today since I have done all the laundry but not put any of it away, pulled out an outfit for each of them to wear and got zero resistance and timely dressing execution. :jawdrop: That like never happens. I'm sure it's a fluke. :rofl: But since the kids each have their own room, and their bathroom has two sinks, and because Rosie takes longer to eat breakfast, there is a lot less chance of them fighting while getting ready.

cherylchoo 11-16-2012 01:25 PM

Jen that is awful. I spent the afternoon yesterday at the estate planner (our "current" will is from 2004, LOL) and he recounted all sorts of horror stories basically about trying to anticipate the crazy things people do when they get old so they don't tie things up in the legal system. Everybody is living longer, but going senile so it's a huge issue. My heart goes out to that family.

cherylchoo 11-16-2012 01:33 PM

Oh, and because I have no willpower I bought two NordicWare pans at Homegoods:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/NEW-NordicWar...3WQ~~60_35.JPG

~whitehologram~ 11-16-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylchoo (Post 15940504)
Oh, and because I have no willpower I bought two NordicWare pans at Homegoods:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/NEW-NordicWar...3WQ~~60_35.JPG

I have none either.

I just got a bunch of stuff too.

I'd be very interested to see how those turn out.

I ordered some flameless candles that you can blowout, They have a sensor. They are for the advent kranz.
https://media2.tchibo-content.de/new..._LED_Kerze.jpg

And some little battery powered tea candles....for the ceramic Santa, snowman, and gingerbread house.
https://media4.tchibo-content.de/new...teelichter.jpg

Letters for cookies so I can put names on them.

a cookie cutter so there is no waste.

cherylchoo 11-16-2012 02:42 PM

I just bought a big pack of those tealight candles after the last storm-induced power outage. They are awesome! You used to only be able to get them in October at the dollar store (to put inside jackolanterns) but now they are everywhere and not all that expensive in the US.

I am planning to try to use both pans with my pumpkin bread recipe. I have no idea if they will actually come out of the pan whole, but I bet a regular spice or gingerbread cake (or any regular cake for that matter) would. I think it would be a really cute teacher gift, and it also is an easy way to do gingerbread houses if you aren't savvy enough to make traditional ones.

cherylchoo 11-16-2012 03:12 PM

Ok, I am going to attempt spaghetti squash for the first time. It actually has instructions on it how to cook it in the microwave right on the squash itself. :giggle2: So should I just do that, or is it better in the oven?

redgirlsmama 11-16-2012 03:23 PM

I do it in the microwave. I guess it depends on how you will serve it, I made a bake out of it after microwaving it (spaghetti sauce/meat and cheese) so it would have finished off the cooking.

cherylchoo 11-16-2012 03:36 PM

I am going to pass it off as spaghetti. If it's a fail it doesn't take that long to boil actual pasta, LOL. If this works and they like it, I may use it instead of spaghetti regularly. I have a hard time getting them to eat any veggies other than broc, cauli, and carrots unless it is disguised.

jwjbbrown 11-16-2012 04:24 PM

I like the flavor roasting gives it but if you are passing it off you may want to microwave it

cherylchoo 11-16-2012 05:23 PM

Well, I couldn't really pass it off because everyone kept bugging me while I was fixing it, so they knew what it was. :giggle2: They very valiantly tried it, did not really care for it, but begrudgingly ate about 1/3 a cup with their meatballs when bribed with biscuits I made with the last of the Bisquick I had. They didn't even notice the bisquick biscuits taste different than real biscuits, they were so relieved to get to that point. :rofl: Ginger and Ian however said they would be willing to eat it plain as a side dish in the future. :shrug:

I've never had it before, so I am not totally sure I made it right. But it pretty much had a squash texture and taste to me, not a pasta texture at all. Zucchini marinara is one of my faves, so I really liked it. I'd totally get it again, and eat most of it myself. :rofl:

~whitehologram~ 11-16-2012 05:42 PM

I'm up too late again...looking for 9" pie tins and crust shields (which you cant get in Germany of course) and getting irate. Off to bed I go.

:gnight: everyone!

cherylchoo 11-16-2012 06:29 PM

Gah. I can't believe I am actually considering doing a Black Friday thing. Evidently Meijers (which is a like midwestern Walmart) is doing iPads at the same prices everyone else is, but giving a $100 gift card for their store with purchase. IME they have not been all that busy on BF so it could in theory be doable. However, IDK that they have ever done a BF that even remotely compared to Walmart/BestBuy/etc before so it may actually be crazy. And also we never even considered buying an iPad before, and don't really need one, so it would really be an impulse purchase.

Gah. I am just really stumped what to get the kids. They haven't really asked for anything.

lemurmommies 11-16-2012 06:38 PM

Brave and pizza night here. So glad it's Friday.

jwjbbrown 11-16-2012 08:12 PM

We loved Brave.

We ate out Mexican. It was yummy.

Home now as I begin 9 days off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mom2sadieandbean 11-16-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown
We loved Brave.

We ate out Mexican. It was yummy.

Home now as I begin 9 days off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So jealous of Jen because I work 3 days at school next week!

mom2sadieandbean 11-16-2012 09:15 PM

We loved Brave also! My children will have it soon, one way or another.

lemurmommies 11-16-2012 09:16 PM

I teach 4 days next week. Our Thanksgiving is long over. We have a PA Day on Friday, but have parent interviews on Thursday evening and Friday morning.

redgirlsmama 11-16-2012 09:25 PM

I am cuddling with L watching Barbie Princess and the Popstar. I really want to see Brave. I think we will ask for it for the kids for Christmas.
My kids have school 3 days next week too....and for that I am Thankful :giggle: They have been home sick so much lately that I have a lot of cleaning to do to get ready for possible relatives stopping by the house and also redoing the floors/paint. I might whisk the girls away after Tday to Sioux Falls. My mom wants us to come because my grandma is living with her until my uncle dies. I really don't want to go, but it would give DH a few days to get the floor and paint done. Plus I don't think she has ever met Lydia.