Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Unmedicated painless labour/delivery (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502650)

Vie.en.Rose 03-22-2013 10:30 PM

Unmedicated painless labour/delivery

I keep reading about (unmedicated) painless and orgasmic births. Anybody actually have one? And if so, please share the secret!!

trying4more 03-24-2013 12:53 AM

I've never SEEN it but I've read stories! 4 births under my belt and I just don't see it happening with me!

Leah52 03-24-2013 08:44 AM

Re: Unmedicated painless labour/delivery

Pain or not labor is hard work, I've had 5 natural deliveries and an orgasm was the last thing on my mind. lol Even though I have had 4 home births I never went into it wanting "an experience", to me labor is just something I have to go through to get my baby. It's exhausting and it hurts but it's not unbearable.

Nerissa 03-24-2013 08:52 AM

DS2 was probably pretty close. While not pain free, I really don't see how the whole process can be completely pain free--his birth was very quick and the pain very manageable, more uncomfortable like bad cramps than horrible pain that i needed pain meds for. The contractions were not any worse than hitting my head or body part on something hard (if that makes sense) Less than 15 contractions and a few pushes and he was out.

Almacham 03-25-2013 08:37 AM

I've only read stories. For me, the actual labor was the unbearable part. The contractions were just terrible, all four times, although the two times I was given pitocin were definitely much worse. Actually giving birth to the baby was not the worst thing, but far from painless or orgasmic. I didn't get hysterical until they were crowning but when that started to happen, oh my Lord lol.

I just don't see myself ever having one of these miraculous pain free or orgasmic births! I wish, though. :giggle:

l_Kimmie_l 03-25-2013 08:44 AM

I have painless births. I have had 3 pitocin births that were easy as pie and had no pain with contractions at all. Once I get to transition it becomes hard work to not push too fast, but still no pain. I guess it is just how my body works. I loved each of my births. They all were amazing.

~Cricket~ 03-25-2013 08:50 AM

I talked with a mom on another forum who said that her second birth was painless, but her first and third were not. She's not sure what made the difference. It can happen, but I think it's pretty rare!

Tris 03-25-2013 08:58 AM

I think its all in the definition. My second labor was amazing, painless, but not feeling-less. I had a fast and hard labor, and the contractions were right on top of each other, but I did a lot of visualization and was in the mindset that they didn't hurt, but that they were working to do a job. Gah it all sounds so cheesy and out there, but I am either very good or very susceptible to mind over matter, and by focusing on letting my muscles do their job and riding the waves of the contractions, visualizing each contraction opening just a little bit more...I actually just had relief when I pushed, no pain at all (not even the ring of fire which I was dreading), babe came out in about 5 minutes, 3 -4 pushes I believe. And then was totally high on endorphins after she came out.
I had a 2 hour labor :) All of the contractions hurt until I got into my birthing place (the shower w/ jets) I was able to clear my mind and wait it out.

epanouie 03-25-2013 09:00 AM

All but my first (had back labor, which was pretty intense!) were just uncomfortable until the very end. I've had four and one on the way, yay! All unmedicated. I think the biggest help was feeling completely comfortable with my surroundings....I am thankful to have had a choice where I birthed. I feel that is SO important for women, wherever/however they choose! :)

Leah52 03-25-2013 09:08 AM

My fourth labor was easy, only a couple of hours and I didn't even realize when I went through transition so the pain wasn't bad at all. Pushing was pretty intense, I don't see how the mechanics of childbirth, pushing a 7-8lb baby out such a small opening, could be completely painless.