Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   what causes Meconium poo in a 10m old?!?!UPDATED (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66982)

christinewith4 11-27-2006 07:19 PM

what causes Meconium poo in a 10m old?!?!UPDATED

Ok.... my 10mths old just got a fever of 101(underarm) out of the blue this evening....I havent been able to get him to nap at all today-but that was the only "symptom"...

Well, he just has what looks EXACTLY LIKE a meconium poo that brand-new babies have.:headscratch: He hasnt eaten anything different etc...

Any idea what could cause this? Now that he has the fever he not feeling well....just wants to nurse & whine....:cry:

Out of ALL my boys & others Ive cared for I have NEVER seen anything like this.......?:headscratch: (the poo)

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 11-27-2006 07:23 PM

Re: what causes Meconium poo in a 10m old?!?!

call the dr! i don't know what it is but thats not normal for a 10 month old to have. have you given any tylenol, a 101 is a high fever for a baby under 1 years old.I would call the dr's line and have them call you back , at least thats how our ped works, call though do not wait you don't want it to be something more that we don't see you know :hugs: please keep us updated mama

christinewith4 11-27-2006 07:28 PM

well, it makes me nervous too b/c he hasnt been gaining weighjt although he eats ALOT- more than any adult...he is ALWAYS hungry but is now falling off the charts in weight....:headscratch:

urchin_grey 11-27-2006 07:31 PM

Hmm, I can't remember what it was but I'm pretty sure I've read that black poops aren't good. :headscratch: I second calling the doctor. :hugs:

Prettylocks 11-27-2006 07:32 PM

Don't wanna scare you, but black poo can mean blood in the gi tract. No bueno. Call the doc. And nurse him on demand. :hugs:

Prettylocks 11-27-2006 07:34 PM

Drink lots of water yourself and take your multivitamins.

aept 11-27-2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cristina (Post 482539)
Don't wanna scare you, but black poo can mean blood in the gi tract. No bueno. Call the doc. And nurse him on demand. :hugs:

That's what I was about to say - I hope he's better soon. Save a poopy for a stool sample - the doc or ER may need it.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

janendragon 11-27-2006 07:38 PM

i agree with the mamas above, this is an ER worthy thing, black poops are only in new borns, if its in an older child it is a sign of blood in the GI tract.

mom2kailinconnor 11-27-2006 08:14 PM

I was thinking the same thing about black stools. Definitely get to the doc or ER. :hugs: I am sure everything will be fine.

talitha 11-27-2006 08:29 PM

I hope he is ok! Let us know as soon as you find anything out. :hugs: