Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minimalist Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   What to keep? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492585)

P!nkPepper 02-18-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanolin (Post 16303112)
Just the blender. and find a recipe for hummus that works for the blender :)

Haha. I use that recipe because it doesn't use tahinni.

The wanna-be bullet is in the box for my brother. It is full of kitchen stuff we no longer need.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

elizabeth.scalf 02-18-2013 01:44 PM

The wanna-be bullet is in the box for my brother. It is full of kitchen stuff we no longer need.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k[/QUOTE]

Not to discourage you but do you think about how funny it would be if your brother were on his own forum talking about his sister is always giving him stuff, and how he likes a minimalist house, and every time he gets it clean his sister comes along and gives him her old junk? Probably not the case but I just find it hilarious thinking about it.

P!nkPepper 02-18-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf (Post 16303259)

Not to discourage you but do you think about how funny it would be if your brother were on his own forum talking about his sister is always giving him stuff, and how he likes a minimalist house, and every time he gets it clean his sister comes along and gives him her old junk? Probably not the case but I just find it hilarious thinking about it.

Haha. That would be funny. Normally I don't give him my junk but he basically just moved in with his GF & her kids. He is always saying how they have nothing for the kitchen since she doesn't cook, he does. They have 1 place setting each, one pan etc and he asked for the dishes when he was here Saturday. He "borrows" from our mom all the time and never gives it back.

Besides, he is extremely blunt & would totally tell me to quit giving him crap if he didn't want it. :giggle:

P!nkPepper 02-19-2013 01:05 PM

Well, the bullet has gone to its new home aka my brother's house. He was excited about the stuff & I made him lunch. All is well now, :giggle: .

NewMommy6111 02-19-2013 01:48 PM

Re: What to keep?

That's great that the bullet is gone, but I'd ditch the processor too. You obviously don't use it enough to keep it. Not in a year? It'd be out of my kitchen.

P!nkPepper 02-19-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewMommy6111 (Post 16307409)
That's great that the bullet is gone, but I'd ditch the processor too. You obviously don't use it enough to keep it. Not in a year? It'd be out of my kitchen.

I am still debating purging it. To be fair, we only moved here in July. Before that our stuff was in storage with the Army. We were house hunting.

moonlightblonde 02-20-2013 08:39 PM

I'd keep blender & food processor - though we use a bullet as our blender & have for the past year & a half. I will get rid of it when I can afford a good blender. We don't have a food processor but borrow a friends often.

specialdelivery 02-20-2013 08:53 PM

I may be in the minority, but I would keep the food processor. I use mine all the time and am not sure what I would do without it. Mine is a small one not full sized. I use it to make pesto, bread crumbs, decimate onions for my grandma's spaghetti recipe, get almonds super finely crushed, etc. I guess I tend to use it and not my blender. That only gets pulled out for milkshakes and large batches of pesto.

Marianna1988 02-21-2013 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quickshep19
I have a larger food processor, a knock-off Magic Bullet & a blender. I know the blender is a keeper for milkshakes, smoothies & home-made orange julieus'. I can't make those with either of the others. I tried & failed. They only thing I used the food processor for is hummus. Pretty sure I could use the bullet thing for that. Should I sell the food processor? I haven't even used it in a year! Heck, I haven't even made hummus in the long. Guess I should make some hummus with the bullet & see if that works right? Then I could answer my own question :giggle: .

It appears I am in the minority. I :wub: my magic bullet. I can use for everything except salsa (it blends TOO well, and we like super duper chunky salsa). We use it for smoothies, dips (including hummus), nut butters, pesto, sauces, you name it. I don't own a food processor or blender, I've never felt the need for one. I've had it for 7 years, and we use it at least 10 times a week. Slowly we've lost cups or lids here and there, I think we'll buy a new one for new pieces before actually needing a new motor! Lol. Ftr, we were gifted a ninja smoothie maker, and I hate that you can only do large batches of things (and it doesn't blend as well... Maybe we old o salsa with that lol). We all prefer different things, so the individual cups for the bullet are a huge pro for us :)

P!nkPepper 02-21-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marianna1988 (Post 16314335)

It appears I am in the minority. I :wub: my magic bullet. I can use for everything except salsa (it blends TOO well, and we like super duper chunky salsa). We use it for smoothies, dips (including hummus), nut butters, pesto, sauces, you name it. I don't own a food processor or blender, I've never felt the need for one. I've had it for 7 years, and we use it at least 10 times a week. Slowly we've lost cups or lids here and there, I think we'll buy a new one for new pieces before actually needing a new motor! Lol. Ftr, we were gifted a ninja smoothie maker, and I hate that you can only do large batches of things (and it doesn't blend as well... Maybe we old o salsa with that lol). We all prefer different things, so the individual cups for the bullet are a huge pro for us :)

Mine wasn't a real Magic Bullet & it didn't have that quality (according to Amazon reviews). That definately influenced my decision. It worked fine but I didn't use it often enough to keep it.

For now I am keeping both the blender & the food processor. I have purged so many things in the kitchen & I have several empty cabinets so I know I am doing great. :0)