Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   *Up-to-date list* National Applebee's Nurse-in anyone? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216384)

jax 08-31-2007 05:58 AM

*Up-to-date list* National Applebee's Nurse-in anyone?

Anyone here planning on attending? Here is the link for the national nurse in being planned: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/bwb_lactivist/
It is planned for saturday september 8th from 12 noon to 1pm local time and is taking place outside the restaurants on the sidewalks. (from information on the yahoo group)

AZ Tucson
AZ Phoenix
AZ West Valley -
CA Chula Vista
CA Escondido
CA Inland Empire
CA Corona
CA Bakersfield
CA San Fernando Valley
FL St. Petersburg Edit Delete
FL SWFL / Fort Myers
FL Tallahassee NE side
IA Waterloo/Cedar Falls
IL Joliet
IL Elgin
IN Muncie Delete
IN Indianapolis T
IN Valparaiso
Id Boise or Twin Falls
KS Olathe
KY Louisville
KY Lexington
LA Baton Rouge
MA Chicopee
MA N Dartmouth
MA South Shore/Boston Delete
MD Frederick
MI Ann Arbor
MI Metro Detroit
MN Brainerd/Baxter Lakes Area
NC Raleigh
NC Asheville
NJ Union County/Central Jersey/ Watchung
NM Albuquerque
NV Las Vegas
NY White Plains
NY New York City
OH Columbus
OH Cleveland
OK Oklahoma City
OR Portland-
PA Harrisburg
PA Hazleton
RI Warwick
SC Rock Hill
TX Amarillo
TX El Paso
TX DFW Arlington
UT Salt Lake City
VA Richmond
VA Fredericksburg
VA Fairfax County Falls Church or Fairfax (Fair Lakes Shopping Center)
VA Hampton Roads - Virginia Beach
VA Sterling
WA Kennewick
WI Glendale/Milwaukee
WY Casper
Here is the most recent list of participating sites. Join the yahoo group to get exact location of the store for the nurse out.

eviesmommy1106 08-31-2007 09:19 AM

Re: National Applebee's Nurse-in anyone?

I'd love organize one here in the DFW area--- this story made me so mad! If any DFW mommas would like to participate PM me... maybe we can pick one central location or something!

mengmommy 08-31-2007 11:06 AM

That would be awesome! Too bad ds isn't still nursing too. Hehe...I wonder what dh would think. I wonder if there are other mom's in the "green" town that actually nurse...I RARELY ever see any.

AudreyNola 08-31-2007 01:20 PM

I have such strong feelings about this woman's plight and I think it's so good that it has gained national attention and the outrage is raising awareness. The protesters at the Lexington Applebee's should tell customers that eating is indecent and they'll need to wear blankets on there head if they're going to eat! That said, I don't know about an Applebee's nurse-in. Wouldn't you have to get a table and therefore be a customer? I don't want to give these creeps my money.

rachaelmomma 08-31-2007 01:24 PM

I am organizing one in the Amarillo TX area. If anyone is close enough to attend, please pm me! :goodvibes:

jax 08-31-2007 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyatt'smom (Post 1690212)
I have such strong feelings about this woman's plight and I think it's so good that it has gained national attention and the outrage is raising awareness. The protesters at the Lexington Applebee's should tell customers that eating is indecent and they'll need to wear blankets on there head if they're going to eat! That said, I don't know about an Applebee's nurse-in. Wouldn't you have to get a table and therefore be a customer? I don't want to give these creeps my money.

I think people are planning on doing it outside the establishments on the sidewalk or in teh grass or whatever.... then no need to give applebees $$ and it will draw more attention as mamas nursing their babies will be much more visible on the outside.

AudreyNola 08-31-2007 01:44 PM

go mamas!

mhaddon 08-31-2007 01:47 PM

I told DH we wouldn't be eating at Applebees anymore, he agree w/ me. He is very probfing and supportive of me. Although he worries about nurseins b/c of the perves trying to sneak a peek that show up.

Anyone in Indianapolis or Terre Haute doing one???

missy_cbell21 08-31-2007 01:58 PM

i hoping for someone in silver spring/dc area too start one. i would but that is way too much too handle with a todler bouncing through the house.

Jewelgurl137 08-31-2007 02:09 PM

I'd go to the one here, but it's not on the list. I also can't go cuz it's too far away for me to walk. :( Oh well. Maybe next time.

ETA: I think that she is right to stand up to them, cuz it is ridiculous to try to force a baby to sweat under a blanket just so that the waitress can be more comfortable. It's not like she had her boobs hanging out. Some teenagers show more skin and cleavage than a breastfeeding mom.